Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fail opening known files
maverick02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2012 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I made a few video edit on my computer with powerdirector 9.. but I didn't publish them because they were all missing music. So when I try to to open my project one by one every time the program give me an error message for not finding this files (he can't find many many many files, but he can find some of). The fact is that I didn't delete any files, or even move it or whatever.. and like 1 months ago when I open those project everything was ok. I don't know what to do.. all my project appears in the time line but without images .. it's all black ???
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I made a few video edit on my computer with powerdirector 9.. but I didn't publish them because they were all missing music. So when I try to to open my project one by one every time the program give me an error message for not finding this files (he can't find many many many files, but he can find some of). The fact is that I didn't delete any files, or even move it or whatever.. and like 1 months ago when I open those project everything was ok. I don't know what to do.. all my project appears in the time line but without images .. it's all black ???

When you first open you project do you get the Error opening file dialog?

If so Click the Browse Button and go find your files, they were moved, renamed or deleted.

If PD can not find the file(s) and you click ignore, you get black place holders.

[Thumb - An Error trying to open file_notes.png]
 Filename
An Error trying to open file_notes.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error opening file with notes
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
352 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2012 10:14

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

maverick02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2012 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I made a few video edit on my computer with powerdirector 9.. but I didn't publish them because they were all missing music. So when I try to to open my project one by one every time the program give me an error message for not finding this files (he can't find many many many files, but he can find some of). The fact is that I didn't delete any files, or even move it or whatever.. and like 1 months ago when I open those project everything was ok. I don't know what to do.. all my project appears in the time line but without images .. it's all black ???

If so Click the Browse Button and go find your files, they were moved, renamed or deleted.

If PD can not find the file(s) and you click ignore, you get black place holders.

Yes it's this message but, I never renamed or delete anything so why he ask me files all the time now ? and also he asking me hiding files that are very difficult to find and most of them are picture insted of the video files itself..
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it's this message but, I never renamed or delete anything so why he ask me files all the time now ? and also he asking me hiding files that are very difficult to find and most of them are picture insted of the video files itself..

You may not remember moving or renaming or deleting the files, but they are not available in the location that PD thinks they are.

If you had them on an external drive, you need to make that drive available or best to copy the files from the external drive to your internal hard drive, then click browse and locate the files in the new location.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2012 10:40

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DLS vision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2011 06:23 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Carl, I have had the same, but hit ignor all and every file was there in library and timeline. When you edit, split and delete part, could that be the file not found and error flag? I clear my C Drive Dailey. Go to on desk top to start-search. Type in %temp%. High lite and delete all files shown you can. Be amazed at temp files collected.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, I have had the same, but hit ignor all and every file was there in library and timeline. When you edit, split and delete part, could that be the file not found and error flag?

I doubt it.

Are your file actually there on the timeline, or they all Black?

Can you play those black files in the preview viewer?

Have you tried the browse? It does not hurt to try the browse button, PD will even tell you what file it is looking for.

GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
every file shows up. No files blacked out. Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.