Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos will only record in black and white
MrsMcNoodles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have bought a USB Video Grabber and it came with the Power Director 9. Every time I try to record a video, it records in black and white. The first video I did started off in colour but then changed to black and white part way through. I have now tried several other video tapes and a different video recorder but it will now only show and record in black and white. The settings appear to be correct. I can't understand why having worked once it now has this problem. When I record from the webcam it is in colour so the colour does work. I would be really grateful if anyone could help. Thank you. :
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Just a suggestion - are there any bent or broken 'pins' on a lead or connector?
GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
usually Programs that come with Hard ware are trials. Cyberlink has a lot of trials.
Trials never give you the total pkg, but I haven't heard of this issue B&W capture only before
The Trials usually will let you know if their sftw will run on your PC as Set up>
Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.
MrsMcNoodles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for getting back to me.

@Longedge - I've double checked the pins and they all seem to be ok.

@GoPokes - From what I can see it looks like the full program rather than just a trial. Everything else seems to work ok.

I've also tried to reinstall it but the same thing is happening.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for getting back to me.

@Longedge - I've double checked the pins and they all seem to be ok.

@GoPokes - From what I can see it looks like the full program rather than just a trial. Everything else seems to work ok.

I've also tried to reinstall it but the same thing is happening.

Are you sure your source is in color?

Can you try on a TV set? Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using s-video? If so then I'd still be looking at a cable or loose conection problem somewhere. I think I'm right in saying that the colour part of the signal is carried on a separate line to the grey scale information.. If you're using composite it doesn't apply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 16:23