Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is PD compatible with Sony HDR-PJ260V
[Post New]
I have used several versions of PD over the years with my JVC Everio, but it is time to upgrade cameras...I am considering a Sony HDR-PJ260V. Will my power director import the hd files from the Sony (I know my version has HD compatibility settings, but didn't know if there was anything proprietary like with the JVC cameras).

Sidebar complaint...only reason I'm still using an older version of PowerDirector is that I found that projects created in older versions would not open in new versions of PD...thus, I just never upgraded again so I could still open and re-edit old projects.

Thanks for any input.

Greg
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The HDR-PJ260V camera outputs MPEG AVC/H.264 format files.

You did not say what version of Powerdirector you are using,
I think PowerDirector 8 ultra will handle the HD files from this camera OK.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I have the Sony Hd 590maybe and have used other Sony's HD video camera with no issues with PD8 and 9. Sony is releasing a HD which use their changeable A mount AF lens. Which lets you use Minolta Max AF lens, which are cheap but good glass. If you looking to really get into video shooting, this wouldn't be a expensive compared to others on the market with same features. If your just stepping up or getting the newest HD, I think the prices where $2600 body and $3800 for kit with adaptor and lens. That is if you getting serious? LOL

I wish my wife had one, but just a hobby for me. LOL Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.
[Post New]
Quote: The HDR-PJ260V camera outputs MPEG AVC/H.264 format files.

You did not say what version of Powerdirector you are using,
I think PowerDirector 8 ultra will handle the HD files from this camera OK.

I have PD 6...I'm thinking I'm just going to need to upgrade to the newest Power Director version...any input is welcome. Thanks!

Greg
GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Download the Trial first and see if you PC handles the PUGRADE is my suggestion Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.