Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Apple SILENT MOVIE CREATOR!!"
That is Funny. LOL
When transferring Video from camera, what is the best and easiest way?
I open explorer and drag files off Camera (Sony HD). Am I loosing anything or should I be using the Camera Software to download video Files?
Carl,
That is to simple. LOL
Removed cable and Opti BD shows up in hdw mgr and in Explore file mgr. with correct speeds in PD9

No change. I pull up a 30sec video went to Create Disc, hit burn button, burn settings come up, Opti BD drive speeds of 48 to 8. speed should be more than 8 or mfg spec limit is 8. put Disc in and no change. take out. put disc in DVD/CD drive speeds 48 to 16, not specs. Put Disc in and no change. I can pick DVD and pick low number and get burn but BD is to high and want accept or operate at lowest speed of 8. Burned BD at 2 and 4 before upgrade
I don't believe this to be a PD9 problem but could be.

When I go to create and then burn I have two choices of burners. I have two burners on PC, DVD/CD and a BD. The option window in D9. burner comes up with the "Option" pull "down menu" having the features of speed of burn, 2X, to 48X. IF I pick the BD, it gives me features/speeds of burn to 48X, which it want do. If I pick DVD/CD it will only give me the option up to 4X and specs say 48X.

On Explore file manager, Left col list "CD Drive (D)" and "CD Drive J". I believed, before some updates as listing them as Serial # Plus identifying them also DVD or Opti.

I burned 6 DVDs last night one production 6 times. 44 min long and first rendering and burn took ruffly 30 min. I had to pick BD drive and do a 4X burn to get the DVD drive to burn. DVD was excellent.

Is this just me or has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Haven't tried burning BR as yet.

I hope Cyberlink looks at CVP4 as competition, it is. You always get better products with competition.
MartinH74,
your conclusion to your problem. You seem to want someone to agree with your conclusion to be validated. Everyone posting are giving you cause/effects/solutions to help you with your sftw and hdw problems, Which is the Standard Operation Procedure on this Forum, thank God. we newbies need badly and appreciate very much.
The software, PD, could be written better for your application, I am sure. Seems several editing software are on the market that will do what you need. They may run with your Hardware. Why are you using PD? All cost are related to features and benefits. Price for PD is cheap compared to what it does and competes with. If Cyberlink threw the money at coding to cover all possibilities of needed code working with all hardware, I couldn't afford it and would be stuck using Movie Make because of cost, user friendly, cost, and cost. I will gladly pay for the features of PD. And set my system up to run PD. Every upgrade I have made has increased my ability to run other editing sftw like CS5 & PL2. And my grandkids have gotten the benefit of games running smoothly. I am not sure how much education would have cost on other sftw, but these editors and toots have given me free support and their work has given my shortcuts, brodened my imagination, and editing possibilities.

IMHO
I hope you find a solution but I don't see help for your problem being here. or the circles will continue.
I produce to view to "apple" device. I have had the issue of some productions not playing in apple movie app. I met an apple rep who told me of other apps that played different formats. My wife's iPad is synced to my acct and has played all my productions without issue.

Good Luck

Hope someone knows.
Removed

$ .02
I am running PD9. I have a 128SSD, showing properties 120.032GB, as my C drive with Windows, Cyberlink, and Adobe taking up 68GB, free 52GB. I was very selective in loading Windows. The only Software loaded on C is Win 7 pro, Cyberlink, and Lightroom3. Cyberlink and Adobe want allow me to loar on another drive, why not I don't know , but all other software I run is loaded on E. I have for example Office 7, OnOne, handbrake, imgburn, , Siemens operator interface sftw, and Siemens PLC programing Software loaded on other drives.
I have not had a problem with PD9 related to Drive space.
I clean out all temp files when I have finished using PD9 Layers and LR3 for the day or project, which ever is first. Both create a lot of temp files in a very short time.

Biggest Blue Ray HD video I have burned was 17 gb on Phillips 25 gb BR disc.
Had PD9 come up and ask me to activate Sfw. Now I have been using PD9 since it came out with out seeing this window before. My daughter was trying to use it, and logged on under her acct. She could start PD9 but got the activate window.
So now I find out even if I have PD9 on one PC it is limited to ONE Person's acct on the PC?
Is that right?
Burning a BR successfully tonight. 2 out of 3 successes, and burning. I had issues earlier that I thought others might run into the same problem. When I started to burn BR in create I didn't notice the burn speed. Somehow the burn speed, even the identifer for Burner had changed. the PC was now seeing in "Manager" a DVD player with up to 64X write speed. When I saw the 64X I knew I was in trouble. Uninstalled BR Burner and rebooted. Windows then loads a driver for dvd player again. Checked ATA and couldn't find a driver. uninstalled and restarted system again. This time "manager" show the BD drive. When I went to burn the BR in PD9 the only speed showing up was 4X. I used it and have just now gotten my second Disc burned. Once again it wasn't the PD9 sftw, but the PC/Windows which had issues.
Would a next time fix have you camera do it? Doesn't help here but I can see situational value in it's future use that I hadn't been aware of before.
I haven't had trouble with IE9. But use Foxfire without issues. Also used Chrome without issues.
Got so excited and drunk with success that I for got the rest of your valiable advise. Like a bull in a china shop, I am.
Blessed and Battling in Oklahoma.
Media is Philips BD-R
Players PS3 and RCA Blue-ray
PD9 burn was excellant video.
Now need to put menu and subtitles on BD disc
My burn using PD3 was successful. I can watch on PS3 and RCA Blue-ray player.
I do not have a menu or I can't get to the menu in either player.
How do you creat memu in PD9 that is usable?

Randy, Tks for advise on imgburn. download and trying to figure out what I need to choice to burd. It keeps asking for a file. I don't know or haven't figured out how to get the blue-ray needed files or folders. Menu editing has a lot of possibilities. Going to read up on sftw

Thks Carl, your a good problem solver and communicator. Wide thanks you also. LOL
Trying again. Making coasters so far. Looking at the data va PC Explore, files all seem to be on BR disc. Burning using "Creat Disc" in PD9. Chosen a standard Menu Preference of sports "Soccer". On PD9 chosen "Disc Preference" and then Blue-Ray 25GB/ let the other "video and audio settings" alone.
Hit burn.
Authoring progress after time elapsed 4min is 24%.
Time remaning 41:01,min

it is what it is and will be
tks for help. will post results using PS3 and wife new Blue-ray player.
hooking up Bllue-ray Player. BBWY
So if I burn a Blue-ray with PD9 it will not play on PS3 or Blue-ray player? I need a third party to take the files PD3 creates on my harddrieve to then burn to Blue-ray disc?

Will multiAVCHD do this?

Wife deserves much more and she has all I have. LOL 40 years and counting.
Thks Carl,
Again Questions without knowing answer, "confuse". me. I'm better at asking question.

Used PD9 and also multiAVCHD to burn. "authoring"? does that take more than useing software to burn. I was wondering if there wasn't a startup .exe file that I missed and should have been added,

before doing anything else, let me go to WalMart. They have a BD Player for $69 black Fri sale. I need to buy my wife a gift, I do believe she deserves one. give me 8 or 10 hours to buy and try BR I burned in her new player.

Be back soon
Go to: