Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is the best way to create DVD or BR without losing quality?
Jeam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2017 17:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
How can I get equal or better output quality out of my Mp4 or other file format on DVD or BR with Power Director 15?

Thank you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeam -

It's quite impossible to burn a DVD without losing quality, unless your original MP4 is standard definition (not HD) or you burn an AVCHD DVD (which requires a BR player).

If your souce MP4 is 1920x1080, you'd be able to burn a BR disc without sacrificing too much.

I rarely burn discs, preferring to play the videos directly to my 4K TV or monitor, via USB stick or external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jeam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2017 17:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeam -

It's quite impossible to burn a DVD without losing quality, unless your original MP4 is standard definition (not HD) or you burn an AVCHD DVD (which requires a BR player).

If your souce MP4 is 1920x1080, you'd be able to burn a BR disc without sacrificing too much.

I rarely burn discs, preferring to play the videos directly to my 4K TV or monitor, via USB stick or external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony,

I prefer MP4 too. But in this case, it is for a customer. I burned the BR bus she doesn't have BR player.

I but a DL 8.5 GB DVD. But the 7 GB drope to 4GB when star creating disk. Am I missing a setting on Powerdirector?

Thanks

Jeam
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I prefer MP4 too. But in this case, it is for a customer. I burned the BR bus she doesn't have BR player.
Then you have no choice. Just burn 8.5GB DVD. Yes, the resolution will drop and so will the bitrate to make it fit. You could create a AVCHD DVD, but those can only be layed on Bluray. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA