Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 Title image will not fade in and out.
Tritty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2017 16:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 Ultimate and I have been trying to make a custom image fade in then out at the beginning of my video. I have made it work before but then wanted to improve it. When I tried to edit the title image I made, the fades would no longer work.

In the Title Designer preview, I click on edit for the image and in the Object tab, it says the fade is not marked on, even though I have checked it on before saving and exiting. Whenever I press the play button in the preview for the title with the fade options on, it never fades in or out, it simply shows the picture I put in with nothing special happening. And each time I save and exit the designer then edit the title again, the fade is unchecked.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tritty -

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Title Designer screen, with your image selected.

As a test, try installing the attached title template, which has an image fading in & out. Do the settings for the image look like yours? Does it behave properly in your PDR/Title Designer?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Great Work.dzt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Tritty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Tritty -

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Title Designer screen, with your image selected.

As a test, try installing the attached title template, which has an image fading in & out. Do the settings for the image look like yours? Does it behave properly in your PDR/Title Designer?

Cheers - Tony

The file you sent does play correctly in the preview (clicking on it in the title tab), but I decided to test a theory of mine, which worked in the way I suspected.

I clicked edit for that title you sent and watched it in the Title Designer's preview. The thumbs-up hand did not fade in or out, but the text next to it did. I then saved it as a custom template and the hand, again, does not fade. EDIT: It also had fade checkmarked as well.

Here is the screenshot you requested, I opened it after trying to fix it and saw that fade was unchecked again.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
285 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2017 15:20

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure of what the problem is here. Try this: Check the Fade. Check Enable fade-in and Check Enable fade-out. That is a total of 3 check marks and then click OK.

If that is not the problem then see this recent post for a possible solution: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63272.page .
Tritty [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have checked the Fade along with the Enable fade-in and fade-out, and as I have stated before, ynotfish's title he sent me works UNTIL I edit it, where then the thumbs-up image does not fade at all, even with the fades checked. The text, though, still fades, so I'll try to find a work around where I put my image in a text box instead of having the image there by itself.

To clarify what I am doing: any picture I put into my title designer is not able to have the Fade option enabled in it's Object tab. Chroma key, Reflection, all of them (not trying 3D Settings) work except for Fade, where the image will just sit there with no fade effect to make it appear and disappear. Instead, it unsatisfyingly sits there then pops out of existence when the title clip runs through.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tritty -

In Title Designer, there are separate Object Settings for the text & the image. Enable Fade is only available for the image.

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, but PDR15 isn't responding as it should. You definitely should be able to set the fades for your image & expect them to stay "stuck", even if you go back to re-edit.

Without having the technical expertise to determine what is causing that issue with your PDR, I'd give the whole thing a complete uninstall & re-install.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!