Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP
GHSRock65 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2013 08:39 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems previewing a creation in PIP Designer. I have fixed my Positions, Scale and Opacity BUT For some reason I cannot view in my preview window...I am frustrated! I have watched the tutorials and accomplished what I think I am instructed. Do I have the wrong PD as in 15? Do I need a later version?

Thank you for your assistance
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi GHSRock65 -

Do you mean it's not showing in the PiP Designer preview or in the main timeline preview?

Could you post some screenshots that show the issue? or maybe upload the PiP Object template to DirectorZone so members can check it out?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
GHSRock65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi GHSRock65 -

Do you mean it's not showing in the PiP Designer preview or in the main timeline preview?

Could you post some screenshots that show the issue? or maybe upload the PiP Object template to DirectorZone so members can check it out?

Cheers - Tony

See the attachment...I have an video in the lower LH corner and fixed so the couple would appear as if viewing the larger video of the life of KELLY COKER.

When I press the Play option for the preview screen one or the other videos will appear in the preview window but NOT both!

Thanking you again for advice and direction.
[Thumb - PIP.JPG]
 Filename
PIP.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
GHSRock65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi GHSRock65 -

Cheers - Tony

See the attachment...I have an video in the lower LH corner and fixed so the couple would appear as if viewing the larger video of the life of KELLY COKER.

When I press the Play option for the preview screen one or the other videos will appear in the preview window but NOT both!

Thanking you again for advice and direction.

Perhaps the newly attached screen shot will reveal more?
[Thumb - PIP1.JPG]
 Filename
PIP1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes - you're right. Both videos should play in the PiP Designer preview.

The screenshots confuse me a bit. DSC_1855.MOV is in Track 1 & Mystery Girl is in Track 2, yet DSC_1855 is overlaying the other video. Maybe there's something else I can't see.

What happens if you replicate that same timeline setup, resizing the MOV file in the main timeline preview window, then go to PiP Designer without adding any keyframes?

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Switch Tracks 1 & 2 & see if that makes a difference.

I understand now, the MOV file is showing on top only because you've selected it to go to PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
GHSRock65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Switch Tracks 1 & 2 & see if that makes a difference.

I understand now, the MOV file is showing on top only because you've selected it to go to PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you for responding. I have switched tracks numerous times AND it does NOT work even then...regardless of which one is on top. Thanks again for your help. IF some clue/understanding comes later thank you for sharing.

Sincerely
ynotfish
[Post New]
Would it be possible for you to pack your project, zip it & upload it to a shared file sitem like Google Drive?

That way a proper assessment could be made.

Here's a short example project, set up in a similar way to what you're after. See what it does in your PDR15.

Cheers - Tony