Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Better Editing Software
Immortal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 17:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
No matter what I try in my rendering settings, every video I produce turns out to have degraded visual quality compared to the source video and the audio is out of sync with the video.

I see people uploading the same type of videos I am to YouTube, but the quality of their work compared to what I render in Powerdirector is far superior.

Is it time I switched to a different editing program? I've exhausted all options on Powerdirector and I can't achieve any videos that have the satisfactory look I want; not to mention the out of sync audio is a nuisance as well.

Also, videos I upload to YouTube rendered in Powerdirector 14 that are 640x480 in 4:3 format are being mirrored and flipped. YouTube staff have blamed your editing software as the cause of it.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi immortal -

I never upload 640x480 videos to YouTube... except just now. They're neither mirrored or flipped.

This one is uploaded manually. This one was uloaded through PDR's YouTube uploader. Both are using standard profiles.

If you want your video to look half decent, you should use at least 720p (unless you source material is low res).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi immortal -

I never upload 640x480 videos to YouTube... except just now. They're neither mirrored or flipped.

This one is uploaded manually. This one was uloaded through PDR's YouTube uploader. Both are using standard profiles.

If you want your video to look half decent, you should use at least 720p (unless you source material is low res).

Cheers - Tony

Your out of sync audio could be caused by having Hardware Acceleration checked in Preferences - Hardware Acceleration. If it's checked, uncheck it and try again.

"blamed your editing software" We, like you, are only people who have puchased PD. We are are volunteers on this forum, it is not "our" software Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Immortal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 17:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi immortal -

Cheers - Tony

Your out of sync audio could be caused by having Hardware Acceleration checked in Preferences - Hardware Acceleration. If it's checked, uncheck it and try again.

"blamed your editing software" We, like you, are only people who have puchased PD. We are are volunteers on this forum, it is not "our" software

Sorry for wording that incorrectly and thanks for volunteering your time to help me. Also, my 640x480 uploads are in a custom profile, could that be why they are turning out flipped and mirrored on YouTube? Also, as far as standard profiles go I noticed there are no HD options for an MP4 file, there are only 640x480 and 4K for some reason.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The HD options are available for the 16:9 aspect ratios.