Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit on my Intel i7 desktop
[Post New]
I looked in my x286 program folder and found Powerdirector. It should have installed the 64 bit version. What do I do?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Start key/Computer/System properties and check the System type. Open PD15 and click on the word PowerDirector on the top right. The version will be displayed in the popup window. If the installed version is incorrect than post the two screenshots for the windows OS and PD15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2017 19:26

[Post New]
Quote Try this: Start key/Computer/System properties and check the System type. Open PD15 and click on the word PowerDirector on the top right. The version will be displayed in the popup window. If the installed version is incorrect than post the two screenshots for the windows OS and PD15.

Tom:

Here are the screenshots. Thank you for helping me.

Mark
[Thumb - computer system.jpg]
 Filename
computer system.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
136 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
[Thumb - PD version.jpg]
 Filename
PD version.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The screenshot is missing the 64 bit notation. Old versions of PD included the 32 bit notation for that. Try this: Uninstall PD15, reboot, temporarily disable the anti-virus, install PD15. Open PD15 and see if you have a 64 bit notation below the word PowerDirector in that about popup window.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 22:48

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark & tomasc -

This is a bit of a side note, really. I have PDR15 installed on 3 PCs &, even though they're all installed as 64-bit in Program Files, the About screens are different (different builds).

1. PC1 - PDR 15.0.3125.0 - no 64-bit notation

2. PC2 - PDR 15.0.2026.0 - yes 64-bit notation

3. PC3 - PDR 15.0.2509.0 - no 64-bit notation

Just now, after updating PC2 with the most recent official patch - 2820 - the 64-bit notation isn't present in the About screen. So - it seems to be build-specific.

I understand that doesn't assist with Mark's problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
"Just now, after updating PC2 with the most recent official patch - 2820 - the 64-bit notation isn't present in the About screen. So - it seems to be build-specific."

Phew - thought I was going (even more) gaga - I've spent hours searching that 'about dialogue' smile

Another way of quickly checking whether any software is 32 or 64 bit is to right click on a shortcut to it and then click on "Properties" and then "Compatibility". Put a tick in the "Run in compatibility mode" box and then look at the drop box. If Windows95 is at the top of the list then it's 32 bit and vice versa.

Comparison 32 and 64 bit properties.

N.B. - Make sure you "Cancel" out of it and don't actually apply any changes.
[Thumb - isit32bit.jpg]
 Filename
isit32bit.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Properties for 32 bit and 64 bit apps.
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 04. 2017 15:43

[Post New]
Quote "Just now, after updating PC2 with the most recent official patch - 2820 - the 64-bit notation isn't present in the About screen. So - it seems to be build-specific."

Phew - thought I was going (even more) gaga - I've spent hours searching that 'about dialogue' smile

Another way of quickly checking whether any software is 32 or 64 bit is to right click on a shortcut to it and then click on "Properties" and then "Compatibility". Put a tick in the "Run in compatibility mode" box and then look at the drop box. If Windows95 is at the top of the list then it's 32 bit and vice versa.

Comparison 32 and 64 bit properties.

N.B. - Make sure you "Cancel" out of it and don't actually apply any changes.

I just did this check and accordingly my install IS 64 bit. I still need to reinstall because fades are not working on images in Title Designer. I bought my PowerDirector on CD. Can I download an install file and Install from that (using the key from my CD packaging)? So I can use the latest and avoid updates, and maybe specifically choose the 64 bit version? All of this has really helped me. What a great community. Thank you for your valuable time.

Mark
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before you go any further with this Mark, I wonder if this is a bug. It isn't something I have ever done before and I just tried it for the first time. If I add an image to a new title and then enable fade for the image (both fade in and fade out) and then try playing it :-

1. It doesn't fade in or out.

2. When I go back to the title designer the fade option for the image is unticked again.

Can anyone else verify this.

I tried to post a screen recording buit the forum is acting the goat at the moment!!!
 Filename
TitleImageFade.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Recording
 Filesize
17259 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2017 17:33

[Post New]
Quote Before you go any further with this Mark, I wonder if this is a bug. It isn't something I have ever done before and I just tried it for the first time. If I add an image to a new title and then enable fade for the image (both fade in and fade out) and then try playing it :-

1. It doesn't fade in or out.

2. When I go back to the title designer the fade option for the image is unticked again.

Can anyone else verify this.

I tried to post a screen recording buit the forum is acting the goat at the moment!!!

That is exactly what is happening to me - to a tee.

Another side effect is that fades that I do on text using Opacity with keyframes becomes affected too. I get "partial" fades. The fade in does not work and the fade out works but is irratic (starts late and the left and right portions of the text fade first). This seems to occur after I try and implement a fade on an image.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2017 17:54

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK well let's see if anyone else confirms this.

p.s. I have recently thought once or twice that fades that I tried to apply from the transitions room weren't working properly but then I thought no more about it and just dropped some keyframes in instead. I suspect that it's something that has only happened since I installed patch to 2820.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2017 17:57

[Post New]
Quote OK well let's see if anyone else confirms this.

Do you think this problem should be addressed in a new post so the title reflects the issue?
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK well let's see if anyone else confirms this.

Longedge – This issue was reported by at least 4 other users in the last 2 weeks including mjorg and Tritty. It was finally resolved by installing the beta patch for two other users. See this post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63272.page .
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys -

I know we've kind of drifted away from the original question but...

From what I've seen here, & based on others' posts, the image fade issue in PDR15 seems to have been introduced with 2820 yell then corrected with the 3125 beta patch.

On PC1 - 3125 build (listed above) there is no problem with fading images in Title Designer. The same applies to PC3 - 2509 build, but...

On PC2 - 2820 build:

1. Title Designer doesn't retain applied fades on images

2. When one returns to TD to edit, the image is present but doesn't appear in the timeline (shown below)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've never been a beta version tester, perhaps there will be an official release soon.
[Post New]
Quote I've never been a beta version tester, perhaps there will be an official release soon.

We know Cyberlink is aware of it and that it will be fixed next update. This support is amazing. Adds a lot of value to this software.