Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi GDColon -

Older PDR users like me may still have the NewBlue Motion FX from an earlier version. Not completely sure about that.

In any case, the Quake effct should do the job for you.

Here's what the NB Motion effects look like (default values) alongside CL's QUAKE EFFECT (keyframed).

Cheers - Tony
Not only but also...

Here's a screen capture I posted showing how to do part of it using colour boards.

I did pack the project - it was PDR11 - back the the videos were masked then motion applied to the video rather than the mask. Might take a bit of re-working before I can post it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

It must be reasonably easy, because I made this little example for someone years ago. That would have been using PDR12 or 13.

Now that masks can be keyframed to move & resize, it'd be even easier.

I'll see whether I might have packed the project somewhere... & whether it's survived the years.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Alex -

The "My Videos" etc is only unchangeable when you're creating or modifying a template.

Once you apply a template to a project, you can change whatever you want, as shown in this screen capture.

Cheers - Tony
Hi MichelleC & tomasc -

I have some news about this...

A while back, the same thing was under discussion. At the time I posted some videos containing background music to check whether they'd get copyright notifications.

Since then, my alter-ego "Tess Ting" has been busy posting videos with PDR17 background music. These include about 110 tracks available in the perpetual & 365 versions.

54 videos received a copyright notification. Dispute was filed in each case.
2 claims released immediately following dispute
2 claims lapsed after 30 day limit for claimant to respond (if the claimant fails to respond, it lapses)
1 claim was “upheld” and can be appealed

In the attached PDF, there are screenshots of Tess Ting's YouTube channel showing the state of play with all the background music.

Based on that, my advice is to file a dispute for anything that's flagged... then just sit out the 30 days -maybe it's 28 - and it'll be a thing of the past.

The one claim that was "upheld" (i.e. the claimant wouldn't release it) will be appealed, once I get the necessary documentation from CyberLink.

Cheers - Tony
Hi avimagic -

Perhaps it relates to the particular transitions you're using. I haven't tested this in PDR17, but there have been similar sorts of reports before.

Here is one example.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Loe -

Given that there is a fix (at least partial for your concerns) coming, it's probably not worth discussing, but...

I've come across the same thing you've posted, but got around it by copying & pasting my most used LUTs into C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDirector\LUT. Once I'd done that, I found the different GUI much better because the LUTs I most commonly use were always there for every project and I rarely had to import others.

I guess that's what the "genius who dreamed this one up" may have had in mind.

Now that I've installed the beta patch, my workaround above isn't necessary. The patch makes it superfluous.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Jim -

If that's happening, your default transitions must be set to "Overlap". You can change that in Preferences > Editing > Set default transition behaviour. If you select "Cross" you won't get that time/duration shifting. i.e. everything will be synched.

You can change each transition by selecting each one, clicking modify & switching.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Toney -

Even though everything functioned well here when I pasted that whopping great text file into a scrolling template, I certainly didn't try any formatting.

I just did - and it was so slow to respond it made the task next to impossible.

One thing that's worked for other users (scrolling text in PDR has been a PIA for users for as long as I can recall) is - rather than having one title rolling for 6 minutes - create a series of shorter ones & arrange them in the timeline. They'd typically need to overlap to make it look like a continuous scroll.

It's worked before & maybe it'll work for you.

Cheers - Tony
Of the four tracks that were flagged previously, one claim has been released (see above), one has been "upheld" (see below) & two are still in limbo.

From the PDR user's point of view, there ought to be no difference. The only difference is who made the copyright claim.

Apparently, the claimant has 30 days to file a response.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Toney -

I'm with Phil. I followed your steps with scrolling text and couldn't replicate the issue.

I copied & pasted text from both Word & Notepad &, although changes to formatting were slugish, back in the timeline it played back correctly (I stopped previewing after 2 minutes - there are better things to do).

The text I used is attached. 8 pages in Word - 977 words - 240 lines.

Cheers - Tony
Hi davecvideo -

You're right. Accessing DirectorZone via PDR is quite different in PDR17 compared to previous versions.

My view is that either (a) something's been left out or (b) I'm missing something.

In all previous versions, DZ templates can be downloaded via PDR. In PDR17 (aside from sound clips in the Media Library) a user only has access to their own previously uploaded or downloaded templates.

See this screen capture...

I may be wrong & I wouldn't mind being shown where. Deliberately or not, I think PDR17 is missing one of these in each of the template rooms... of course, you can download templates directly from DZ (just not via PDR17).

Cheers - Tony
G'day tomasc & optodata -

Man there's some spooky stuff happening over there!

Down here in OZ, the menu module seems to be behaving predictably. On the first menu I created, the template appeared almost immediately, listed alphabetically. Subsequent attempts were all successful. Short story - I couldn't replicate the issue Tomas posted.

My newly created templates did not magically appear on other PCs, but I'd be a bit freaked out if they did!

Menu Designer was pretty responsive on the PC I used to check all of the above, but I know if I swapped chairs I'd be grizzling about how slow it was. Take a look at my new PC (DxDiag attached).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Mike -

You'd already know that you can switch it to clockwise, I'm sure...

I wouldn't have a clue how to make that the default, but you wouldn't think it'd be too difficult for a coder.

... and no - PDR16 & 17 are both the same in that respect.

Cheers - Tony
Hi optodata & tomasc -

I've delayed posting in this thread so I could double check on different PCs. I haven't been able to replicate the particular issue originally posted - on any PC - with any source material.

I could bore you with screen captures, but there's "nothing to see here".

I'll test your original project, optodata.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: But if I add the next clip 360, even the same file, the window 'View Designer' where I can rotate the view does not show up and the picture is in the equirectangular mode.

That's the bit I don't get.

Here, when the second clip is inserted it is in equirectangular mode, but View Designer is available.

Cheers - Tony
Hi KK & optodata -

I'm pretty sure I must be missing something basic here. Help me out.

Using the practice file from KK's Yi360, I've replicated the steps shown above in a 16:9 project.

1. Insert the clip into the timeline

2. Go to View Designer and set keyframes

3. Insert the clip (or any other 360 clip) again - yes - shows in eqirectangular view.

4. Go to View Designer & set keyframes (different to first clip).

I don't understand what the limitation is. It's doing what I expect to to, but maybe I'm not expecting enough? KK - what is it you want to do that you can't?

Cheers - Tony
Hi usextjx -

Unfortunately, there's no such option in PDR.

You can multi-select using Ctrl + click or select one then use Ctrl + A, but you can only align them horizontally or vertically, not distribute them evenly.

Visual distrbution with grid lines on is the best option.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Krzysztof -

Once you've set the project to 16:9 (not equirectangular) and applied View Designer to a 360° clip, the project should remain in 16:9 mode & View Designer should still be available whatever clips you import & insert in the timeline.

Isn't that what's happening?

Cheers - Tony
Hi OverTheEdge & optodata -

It's definitely got a lot to do with YouTube processing!

The video I produced in PDR17 to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @30Mbps looks pretty clean in playback in VLC player. On YouTube, there are artefacts (though not as predominant as in OTE's example.

Here's the video on YouTube & here are two screenshots attached of (about) the same frame in YT & VLC Player.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: The YouTube clip comments show that you produced it with PD17.

That would typically indicate that OverTheEdge used one of PDR's Online > YouTube profiles, which almost led me to post something about WMVs... but the online profiles are MP4 now.

Close parallel lines in bridges & buildings, combined with panning or zooming (which is what the drone is effectively doing) are very good at producing jaggies like that. Then you have YouTube processing complicating the issue.

I'd try producing to a significantly higher bitrate, which is possibly where optodata was heading. I just produced some similar drone footage (flying over bridge) to MP4 @ 30Mbps and there's no evidence of jaggies.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: