Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi cam & transitions
Rabnoolas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2018 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've only done a couple of videos on PD16 and I think I may have answered my own question here but....
I've been making a music video (of my latest song, me singing and playing guitars). I thought I'd try the multi cam designer to change views throughout the track (I have separate full length videos of singing, playing rythm and lead). I found it nice and quick and easy but then I wanted to add transitions. then I realised that adding a transition causes the second clip to be shifted left to create an overlap for the transition. But for this kind of music video, I can't have the clips shifted in this manner because it makes everything go out of sync. So it looks like the only way I can make these cuts with transitions is to do it manually, splitting the second video early to accomodate the transition length. I was rather hoping multi cam could do this, but it looks like I'm out of luck with that one. Unless anyone has any good ideas.
Jim
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Jim -

If that's happening, your default transitions must be set to "Overlap". You can change that in Preferences > Editing > Set default transition behaviour. If you select "Cross" you won't get that time/duration shifting. i.e. everything will be synched.

You can change each transition by selecting each one, clicking modify & switching.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rabnoolas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2018 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony, I didn't realise that option was available. None of the videos I've seen mention it. A case of RTFM, I suppose. I'll have to try that out in my test project. I keep a test project with random bits of video in so I can try effects and things to see how they work.
Jim