Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CLUTS facility in PWD17 a step backwards
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
in PWD16 it was simple to apply a LUT filter because the link to the LUTS folder could be preset and thus it was easy to compare the effects of different LUT filters on a clip. You simply chose the next one.
Who on Earth can afterall remember what every LUT filter does with a clip, so comparing some was easy and very quick.
Now, in PWD17 this functionality has been removed. You now have to navigate to the LUTS folder each time and 'import' the relevant LUT filter. Only then can you apply the LUT.
It makes the whole process laborious and long winded.
Like most folks, I imagine, I do have lots of LUTS in my folder. granted, once imported the LUT filter stays available. so I guess I will have to spend an hour importing each one.
It wouldnt be too bad if you could import a group of them but no, they have to be done individually.
I wonder which genius dreamed this one up. Sorry, think again. This isnt an improvement in my book.

Well there you are; I see that after I posted the above this issue will to some degree be addressed in an upcoming patch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2018 08:38

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Loe -

Given that there is a fix (at least partial for your concerns) coming, it's probably not worth discussing, but...

I've come across the same thing you've posted, but got around it by copying & pasting my most used LUTs into C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDirector\LUT. Once I'd done that, I found the different GUI much better because the LUTs I most commonly use were always there for every project and I rarely had to import others.

I guess that's what the "genius who dreamed this one up" may have had in mind.

Now that I've installed the beta patch, my workaround above isn't necessary. The patch makes it superfluous.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!