Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag results. I don't see any red flags in there, just a few things like a video driver being a year old and some program crashes at the end, including PhotoDirector. You do have the most recent update for that installed.

You're not going to set any speed records with your CPU but it shouldn't be holding you up this much when editing photos. (FYI it's Pasmark rating is 5157 and we really like to see 10k or above, but that's for video editing).

You might want to try the Windows Operating System issue and Computer is slow options at the HP diagnostics page and see what that turns up. Hopefully those checks will also make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

If you don't see any changes afterwards, you might want to try uninstalling PhD and then reinstalling it. To do that open, up the App Manager then right-click on PhotoDirector and choose Uninstall. Click Install from the same location and then click on launch to see how it works then.

One last thing to try is to create a new project from the File menu. You can try importing photos one at a time or in groups and if something was damaged in the old project starting fresh might clear things up. If that works smoothly, then try opening your last project and see if it works better, too.

Thank you, I'll look into all of this. I have been trying to look at Photodirectors requirements vs my system. From what you can see am I running optimum to use 365? If not, what should I upgrade?

You may have different issues going on, and it's actually better if you start a new discussion so we can keep things here focused on Janinca2.

Try lowering the preview resolution and make sure you don't have other apps open and running. At times I've found having MS Edge open with multiple tabs has severely impacted PD's performance, so close all unnecessary programs and see if that makes any difference.

If you're still having trouble, please follow the steps I outlined above and attch the DxDiag results when you start a new discussion. We need to see what kind of system you have and make sure it's configured correctly for video editing.

Thank you, I realize I posted in the wrong for him heading anyway this is in relation to photo director. I do not have any other apps running. I have posted in photo Director with my DXDIAG. I hope perhaps you can help me there.
Everything in my Photodirector is lagging.

I pull up a preview to start editing, it spins for a minute.

Once in if I try to move and adjustment fader, it takes quite a few seconds to show me the result. That is happening on every fader I use..

it's really frustrating, and I don't recall it doing this last week. I'm including my dxdiag info in hopes that someone can help me. FYI my preview resoluation is at minimum. I've played with it but it makes no difference.

Thank you in advance
Quote I just got a new computer and decided to try out pd 365 and editied a few videos fine but suddenly it is painfully slow and laggy and crashes frequently. Has anyone else run into this? I am now regretting my purchase and wonder if i should just go back to Pd 18

I don't have a new computer, and a last week 365 was working quite quickly, I just started to edit a photo and notice a lag in everything I do. I move slider for anything, brightness, clarity, dehaze... anything it takes a few seconds to show me the result. Really getting annoyed as I just sunk money into a better monitor ready to edit and now this is slow.. ugh.. is it because too many people on internet? I don't know enough to be able to even dig in.
Hello
I usually just insert my SD card into a tower and my files are imported, they are from Canon, and a CR2 format.

Well I just moved my photo editing upstairs, bought a new monitor to do some better edits, but the tower doesn't have a card reader. So I had that 'aha' moment to import from camera.

However, every time I try to do it I get this message "Photodirector only supports the import of bmp, heif, jpg, phi, png, raw and tiff".

Cr2 is RAW!

I have uploaded drivers and exhausted all my efforts.

How can I use this feature??

Jessica

Thanks for bumping this!

I just checked the Dell website for your computer and found that there's a BIOS update from June 2018 labeled "Urgent." You're currently on the "A04" version from 2014, so it looks like you should download and install "Dell Inspiron 3647/3847 System BIOS" from this page to update to the A10 version.

Your video driver is up-to-date and I don't see anything else obvious.

If the BIOS update doesn't do anything to help with the slowdown you're seeing, you may want to tweak Win 7's paging file to see if that can speed things up. Here's a detailed article on how to do that.

Thank you for your response. It's a bit late here now, but tommorow I will look at what you have provided. Thank you so much for responding!! I love cyberlink, but it lags so bad after a while that I am getting frustrated to get rid of it, and I am using a trial of 10 to see if I want to upgrade. LOL Hopefully this will solve my issues.
Still looking for help on this. Thanks!
I'm still a bit lost on this subject and not finding much tutorials or documentation.

I purchased an external drive in hopes to keep my hard drive from getting filled up with RAW photos. So i'm wondering how others import their photos if they are using an external drive?

Should I download the photos from my card and put on the external drive then import into PHD from the external drive?

It's funny, I bought the external drive to make things easier, and now i'm confused. I think I need to find a article on how to use the organization feature. I'm really confused, and it's taking me away from editing.

Thanks

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe text file for your computer.

Sorry for the delay, that time of year round here. I see there is two when I enter DxDiag into my search, so i'm posting both in case.
I downloaded a trial -currently using 9. I have been using the layers, with a layer mask and as I mask I noticed that the program starts to slow, then lags, then catches up. Is there a reason for this? My 9 does that too when i'm in the develop module working with an adjustment mask, the more I do they more it lags and needs to catch up? I have 16gbs memory and more than enough HDD space.

Thoughts?
Quote Hello JESSICA123,

If you've deleted the RAW files from your PC & removed them from your PhD Library, wouldn't you expect that PhD wouldn't "see them"? You've effectivelt instructed it NOT to see them. laughing

Once the photos are removed from your PhD library that means PhD no longer has a record of your edits. Don't worry, many forum members (including me) would have had similar mishaps & lost some of their work.

All is not lost. You still have the original photos stored on an external drive, so you can import them from there (advisable to make an extra copy on your PC whilst you're working on them, unless the external drive is permanently connected)... the redo your edits.

It's important to understand that PhotoDirector doesn't actually import photos. It simply records where the photos are stored, so it can access them. Also, your original photos aren't altered when you're editing. PhD records the changes you've made and applies them when you export the new photos.

PIX

Thanks
Quote Hello JESSICA123,

You're referring to Ps tutorials like this one. Unfortunately, PhotoDirector has no equivalent funtion.

If that's a typical requirement for you with your photography it would be work considering the Adobe investment, or looking at other software with that function.

PIX

Ok thank you!
Hi there!

I am a bit lost. I have been using photodirector for a while, and I never bothered to think too much about organization. But recently I decided that I wanted to get my RAW photos off my desktop and onto an external hard drive.

I copied all my RAW photos from my PC hard drive, and put them on my external, then I deleted them from the PC hard drive.

Then I removed them from library in Photodirector.

Then I realized that PD didn't see any of my photos. Ugh..

I found a raw photo and tried to open it in PD and none of my settings are there? Can I undo any of this? Or have I just screwed it all up?

So... after you can tell me if I just ruined all my edits or not, can you please tell me how I can have PD see the photos on my external and keep them there instead of my pc?
Let’s say I have 18 shots of the same scene shot at ISO 3200 which caused horrific noise. Can PhotoDirector allow me to stack these photos, auto align then fix the noise like you can in photoshop? I’ve been seeing these ps tutorials and hoping that PhotoDirector can do the same thing because I don’t want to buy ps.
I have been requesting Tamron 16-300 for a while now, it doesn't look like the 9 Ultra has it. Any thoughts as to when they may include this lens profile?
Go to: