Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photodirector 10 slows down, and glitchy when in Layers?
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded a trial -currently using 9. I have been using the layers, with a layer mask and as I mask I noticed that the program starts to slow, then lags, then catches up. Is there a reason for this? My 9 does that too when i'm in the develop module working with an adjustment mask, the more I do they more it lags and needs to catch up? I have 16gbs memory and more than enough HDD space.

Thoughts?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded a trial -currently using 9. I have been using the layers, with a layer mask and as I mask I noticed that the program starts to slow, then lags, then catches up. Is there a reason for this? My 9 does that too when i'm in the develop module working with an adjustment mask, the more I do they more it lags and needs to catch up? I have 16gbs memory and more than enough HDD space.

Thoughts?

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe text file for your computer.
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe text file for your computer.

Sorry for the delay, that time of year round here. I see there is two when I enter DxDiag into my search, so i'm posting both in case.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag 64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag 64bit
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
230 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2018 09:43

JESSICA123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still looking for help on this. Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Still looking for help on this. Thanks!

Thanks for bumping this!

I just checked the Dell website for your computer and found that there's a BIOS update from June 2018 labeled "Urgent." You're currently on the "A04" version from 2014, so it looks like you should download and install "Dell Inspiron 3647/3847 System BIOS" from this page to update to the A10 version.

Your video driver is up-to-date and I don't see anything else obvious.

If the BIOS update doesn't do anything to help with the slowdown you're seeing, you may want to tweak Win 7's paging file to see if that can speed things up. Here's a detailed article on how to do that.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for bumping this!

I just checked the Dell website for your computer and found that there's a BIOS update from June 2018 labeled "Urgent." You're currently on the "A04" version from 2014, so it looks like you should download and install "Dell Inspiron 3647/3847 System BIOS" from this page to update to the A10 version.

Your video driver is up-to-date and I don't see anything else obvious.

If the BIOS update doesn't do anything to help with the slowdown you're seeing, you may want to tweak Win 7's paging file to see if that can speed things up. Here's a detailed article on how to do that.

Thank you for your response. It's a bit late here now, but tommorow I will look at what you have provided. Thank you so much for responding!! I love cyberlink, but it lags so bad after a while that I am getting frustrated to get rid of it, and I am using a trial of 10 to see if I want to upgrade. LOL Hopefully this will solve my issues.