Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Photos Question- Please Help me!! I think I just lost all my RAW files!
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there!

I am a bit lost. I have been using photodirector for a while, and I never bothered to think too much about organization. But recently I decided that I wanted to get my RAW photos off my desktop and onto an external hard drive.

I copied all my RAW photos from my PC hard drive, and put them on my external, then I deleted them from the PC hard drive.

Then I removed them from library in Photodirector.

Then I realized that PD didn't see any of my photos. Ugh..

I found a raw photo and tried to open it in PD and none of my settings are there? Can I undo any of this? Or have I just screwed it all up?

So... after you can tell me if I just ruined all my edits or not, can you please tell me how I can have PD see the photos on my external and keep them there instead of my pc?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2018 17:24

[Post New]
Hello JESSICA123,

If you've deleted the RAW files from your PC & removed them from your PhD Library, wouldn't you expect that PhD wouldn't "see them"? You've effectivelt instructed it NOT to see them. laughing

Once the photos are removed from your PhD library that means PhD no longer has a record of your edits. Don't worry, many forum members (including me) would have had similar mishaps & lost some of their work.

All is not lost. You still have the original photos stored on an external drive, so you can import them from there (advisable to make an extra copy on your PC whilst you're working on them, unless the external drive is permanently connected)... the redo your edits.

It's important to understand that PhotoDirector doesn't actually import photos. It simply records where the photos are stored, so it can access them. Also, your original photos aren't altered when you're editing. PhD records the changes you've made and applies them when you export the new photos.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello JESSICA123,

If you've deleted the RAW files from your PC & removed them from your PhD Library, wouldn't you expect that PhD wouldn't "see them"? You've effectivelt instructed it NOT to see them. laughing

Once the photos are removed from your PhD library that means PhD no longer has a record of your edits. Don't worry, many forum members (including me) would have had similar mishaps & lost some of their work.

All is not lost. You still have the original photos stored on an external drive, so you can import them from there (advisable to make an extra copy on your PC whilst you're working on them, unless the external drive is permanently connected)... the redo your edits.

It's important to understand that PhotoDirector doesn't actually import photos. It simply records where the photos are stored, so it can access them. Also, your original photos aren't altered when you're editing. PhD records the changes you've made and applies them when you export the new photos.

PIX

Thanks