Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photodirector 365 Slow- delay in rendering effects when sliders are moved
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Everything in my Photodirector is lagging.

I pull up a preview to start editing, it spins for a minute.

Once in if I try to move and adjustment fader, it takes quite a few seconds to show me the result. That is happening on every fader I use..

it's really frustrating, and I don't recall it doing this last week. I'm including my dxdiag info in hopes that someone can help me. FYI my preview resoluation is at minimum. I've played with it but it makes no difference.

Thank you in advance
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
341 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2021 19:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results. I don't see any red flags in there, just a few things like a video driver being a year old and some program crashes at the end, including PhotoDirector. You do have the most recent update for that installed.

You're not going to set any speed records with your CPU but it shouldn't be holding you up this much when editing photos. (FYI it's Pasmark rating is 5157 and we really like to see 10k or above, but that's for video editing).

You might want to try the Windows Operating System issue and Computer is slow options at the HP diagnostics page and see what that turns up. Hopefully those checks will also make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

If you don't see any changes afterwards, you might want to try uninstalling PhD and then reinstalling it. To do that open, up the App Manager then right-click on PhotoDirector and choose Uninstall. Click Install from the same location and then click on launch to see how it works then.

One last thing to try is to create a new project from the File menu. You can try importing photos one at a time or in groups and if something was damaged in the old project starting fresh might clear things up. If that works smoothly, then try opening your last project and see if it works better, too.
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag results. I don't see any red flags in there, just a few things like a video driver being a year old and some program crashes at the end, including PhotoDirector. You do have the most recent update for that installed.

You're not going to set any speed records with your CPU but it shouldn't be holding you up this much when editing photos. (FYI it's Pasmark rating is 5157 and we really like to see 10k or above, but that's for video editing).

You might want to try the Windows Operating System issue and Computer is slow options at the HP diagnostics page and see what that turns up. Hopefully those checks will also make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

If you don't see any changes afterwards, you might want to try uninstalling PhD and then reinstalling it. To do that open, up the App Manager then right-click on PhotoDirector and choose Uninstall. Click Install from the same location and then click on launch to see how it works then.

One last thing to try is to create a new project from the File menu. You can try importing photos one at a time or in groups and if something was damaged in the old project starting fresh might clear things up. If that works smoothly, then try opening your last project and see if it works better, too.

Thank you, I'll look into all of this. I have been trying to look at Photodirectors requirements vs my system. From what you can see am I running optimum to use 365? If not, what should I upgrade?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think the answer to that is how well your system performs once you've tried those suggestions. Ideally you'll see a more responsive program that doesn't force you to wait after every adjustment, although some kinds edits will still take some time to process.

if you decide to get a new system, a focus on CPU performance based on the Passmark score will give you the biggest impact regardless of what other kinds of hardware are included. If you're also going to be editing video, the GPU choice is important as well.