Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I would think that the majority of users here have either a UHD or a HD resolution television which is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Using PD16 I would resize them to at least the same resolution as the television screen which is much greater than the 500 pixels wide than you are resizing them to.

Thanks for the reply. I see how it works now.
HI:
I have to do some slide shows. I've done a a couple of them already in PD and had sized all of the pics to 500 pix wide. Everything went fine except that some of the pictures came out with "artifacting" where the pics have that somewhat blurry look.
I know that PD re-sizes the pics when it comes time to render, but I'd like to know what would be the best size to make the pics BEFORE putting them into PD. As mentioned I did them to 500 w.

Thanks for replies.
Hi all:
The files that I end up with after taking videos are large. Would it be better to compress them via Handbrake or whichever before bringing them into PD16. I know this doesn't have to be done, but would it be better to do so?

Thanks for replies
Hi:
I'm in the process of finishing up a slide show which turned out well. Lastly I'd like to put the initials of the site in all the pics as a way of identifiing the site AND discourage copying of the slide show.
I've tried going through the Title Designer and can get the letters to show up in a few pictures and then they cease to appear.
Is there any way to do this without having to go to each pic individually?

Thanks for replies
Hi:
I'm doing up a slide show and have the pics in the Media area ready to down onto the Timeline but can't find a way.
ALSO, I do NOT want to use "Slide Show creator" as I don't like what it does.

Thanks for replies

Thanks for your question and the answers. It worked for me too. I also found that by zooming the timeline horizontally, I can see the "rogue" clip very easily.

That's the thing here. If you don't magfify the Timeline you won't see it.
C
Quote Highlight the last clip. Go to the movie mode and hit the End key on the keyboard. Expand the timeline ruler and you should see a sliver of something along the cursor or scrubber. You may need to look on the other tracks. Remove it.

T - thanks much for the solution and it worked like a charm. I never would have figured that out.

C
Hi:
I've just finished my first short video in PD 16. All went well, but after the vid has run through and finished, it goes blank, which of course is the way it should be. But after the 2 seconds, a fragment of the video comes back up and stays for a second or so before it goes away.
Now, this fragment does not show up on the Timline, so I don't know how to get rid of it. I even rendered the video and it still shows up in the final result.
Is this just a glitch or is there some way of getting rid of it. I really don't want to have to do the video over again.

Thanks for replies
Quote Hi Calhoun -

Assuming it's not butted up against another clip, you can nudge media by one frame at a time by selecting it and holding the Alt key whilst tapping the ◄ & ► keys. Obviously ► for forward & ◄ for backward.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, it works.
HI;
One thing I'm always having to do in PD is move clips in very small increments to get the timing just right.
Normally I do this by holding on the cllip and moving it with the mouse but this is not a good way to get very minor moves.
Is there another way to nudge a clip on the Timeline in VERY small increments?

Thanks for reply
Hi All:
Am pretty new to PD16. Am going to insert some stills and would like to know what would be the best size for them.
I realzie that PD probalby re-sizes any stills, but would still like to know what would be the best size to use orignially for any still.
I'm trying to aviod havinb any problem with pixilation.

Thanks for replies
Hi all.
I'm new to PD and don't get to work with it as much as I'd like.
Anway onto the situation. I just got through re-working a video where I removed a little bit from as it had nothing to do with the subject matter. So, I added nothing. Everything went fine but after rendering it the file size is now 3GB from the original which was 375MB.
I followed instructions and duplicated the orginal settings, so what happened??

Thanks for replies
Hi all:
I just got through with my first video using PD16 and I'm quite happy with how it went.
Here's the thing. Not giving it a lot of thought, I shot this with a Canon EOS 70D with the highest setting for quality which is 1920 at 30fps.

This video is going on Youtube and I'm now concerned that it was done at an too high a high resolution. When I started out shooting I knew that Youtube compresses what they get and I thought I should therefore take the shots with the highest rez, however, now I'm not so sure.

Now this camera also has a setting of 1280 but they're all at 60fps ( Youtube does accept 60fps ) with either low or high compression.
Should I have done the video @ 1280 60fps rather than the 1920 @ 30fps?

Whatever other info regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks for replies
Hi all:
I'm doing up some text for an intro and want to change the background color. It's obvious how to change the color of the text, but I can't find how to change the background. I just want to put a plain color in there. I've gotten into Youtube videos and still can't find out how to do this. I know there are color boards, but I would think there's an quicker way.

Thanks for replies

LOL. Thanks for the reply. I know how to get fonts into Window and LInux; have done it a bunch of times. BUT, once into PD, how do you import them into the PD program?

The same way, that you import the fonts in your word processor programm like word or libre office. What? You never imported fonts into Word or LibreOffice? You just installed them in the operating system and used the font chooser dialog or the font dropdown menu? Thats exactly the way to choose a font in PD, too.
Years ago there were problems with OpenType fonts. I don't know, if they still exist. So be sure to use TrueType fonts.

Hatti

Thank you gentlemen.
Quote You can copy and paste the fonts in c:\windows\fonts folder so you will be able to use them in any application

Thanks for the reply but how do you import the fonts into PD?

Fonts downloaded from the web. Executable files, give 2 clicks, installs on Windows and can be used for any application, including PD16

LOL. Thanks for the reply. I know how to get fonts into Window and LInux; have done it a bunch of times. BUT, once into PD, how do you import them into the PD program?
Quote You can copy and paste the fonts in c:\windows\fonts folder so you will be able to use them in any application

Thanks for the reply but how do you import the fonts into PD?
Hi all:
I'd like to know if font's can be imported into PD16 AND how to do it.

Thanks
Hi all:
I've gotten my first video rendered as an MP4 and all of that went just fine. Now I'm trying to burn that to a DVD.But out of 4 or 5 programs/apps that I've tried to do this with, none of them work. They either don't recognize the mp4 - you know, when you have the file in a folder and you go to it and the program acts as if it's not there at all.

Is it just a case of re-rendering the movie in another format. And if so, then what would that be?
I'm using Win 10.

Thanks for replies
Hi all:

I'm new to PD16 and have been working on a short video as a first project. At the end of the last clip there are a few frames left over from another clip. I've tried using the Split and scissor trim tools but apparently they can't handle such a short cut of only a few frames.
So, I'd like to know if there's any other way to remove frames a few at a time or even one at a time.

Thanks for replies
Cartof: thanks for the reply. I've updated the drivers not long ago. I'm going to try another card that my friend has and see if that makes any difference.
Go to: