Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to shave off a few frames off the end of a clip?
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

I'm new to PD16 and have been working on a short video as a first project. At the end of the last clip there are a few frames left over from another clip. I've tried using the Split and scissor trim tools but apparently they can't handle such a short cut of only a few frames.
So, I'd like to know if there's any other way to remove frames a few at a time or even one at a time.

Thanks for replies
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:

I'm new to PD16 and have been working on a short video as a first project. At the end of the last clip there are a few frames left over from another clip. I've tried using the Split and scissor trim tools but apparently they can't handle such a short cut of only a few frames.
So, I'd like to know if there's any other way to remove frames a few at a time or even one at a time.

Thanks for replies

Click on the "seek by" button under the preview screen and select seek by frame. Highlight your clip and press the "end key". Use the seek by frame arrow to move one frame to the left. Highlight the whole clip again and split. Now press delete. Do this as may times as you require.

I hope I have explained it well enough

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
What? PD16 is able to cut even just one single frame of a clip.
Just zoom the timeline as high as possible. (select clip, place the timeline marker at the end of the clip and press '+' until the timeline does not move any more) The timeline now shows every single frame of the clip. Move the timeline marker to the desired frame and enter "CTRL+T". The clip is cut exactly where the timeline marker is. Delete what is to be deleted.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080