Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's a good app for burning to a DVD
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:
I've gotten my first video rendered as an MP4 and all of that went just fine. Now I'm trying to burn that to a DVD.But out of 4 or 5 programs/apps that I've tried to do this with, none of them work. They either don't recognize the mp4 - you know, when you have the file in a folder and you go to it and the program acts as if it's not there at all.

Is it just a case of re-rendering the movie in another format. And if so, then what would that be?
I'm using Win 10.

Thanks for replies
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:
I've gotten my first video rendered as an MP4 and all of that went just fine. Now I'm trying to burn that to a DVD.But out of 4 or 5 programs/apps that I've tried to do this with, none of them work. They either don't recognize the mp4 - you know, when you have the file in a folder and you go to it and the program acts as if it's not there at all.

Is it just a case of re-rendering the movie in another format. And if so, then what would that be?
I'm using Win 10.

Thanks for replies

I use DVDFlick http://www.dvdflick.net/ it works for me - and its free - donations optional if you like it.

Should work with many formats but I use mp4 and thats fine.

Alan.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink's Power 2 Go - of course ! The free version is enough. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Power2Go is my choice, too, but you can burn a DVD/BR within PD. Is there a reason you want to outside PD? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
As Barry inferred, I guess you are burning it outside PowerDirector because you want the file on a data disc, rather than a DVD video, right?

Because if you burn an MP4 to a DVD for playback on a standalone player, the video quality will be reduced. DVD video format is MPEG-2.

Try Power2Go Essentials, free download: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/power2go-platinum/download_en_AU.html?affid=2581_1269_540

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2018 21:59

Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Question;
Why would installing Power2go want to remove WaveEditor and replace it with a trial version of (I believe it was) AudioDirector?
That doesn't make any sense, so I cancelled that part of the install. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro