Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Questions on rendering the final video
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:
I just got through with my first video using PD16 and I'm quite happy with how it went.
Here's the thing. Not giving it a lot of thought, I shot this with a Canon EOS 70D with the highest setting for quality which is 1920 at 30fps.

This video is going on Youtube and I'm now concerned that it was done at an too high a high resolution. When I started out shooting I knew that Youtube compresses what they get and I thought I should therefore take the shots with the highest rez, however, now I'm not so sure.

Now this camera also has a setting of 1280 but they're all at 60fps ( Youtube does accept 60fps ) with either low or high compression.
Should I have done the video @ 1280 60fps rather than the 1920 @ 30fps?

Whatever other info regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks for replies
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:
I just got through with my first video using PD16 and I'm quite happy with how it went.
Here's the thing. Not giving it a lot of thought, I shot this with a Canon EOS 70D with the highest setting for quality which is 1920 at 30fps.

This video is going on Youtube and I'm now concerned that it was done at an too high a high resolution. When I started out shooting I knew that Youtube compresses what they get and I thought I should therefore take the shots with the highest rez, however, now I'm not so sure.

Now this camera also has a setting of 1280 but they're all at 60fps ( Youtube does accept 60fps ) with either low or high compression.

Thanks for replies

1920 X 1080 is suitable for youtube. See here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:

Thanks for replies

1920 X 1080 is suitable for youtube. See here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB

That is correct. Ans Youtube not only fully re-renders your video to fit their specs it also up-converts the video when being played back depending on the device being used to watch.

After uploading you will notice that it can take some time for your video to be available in full HD as it takes a while to render all the formats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2018 15:01