Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All:
I'm sure this question has been asked more than once before, but I can't find anyting about through the search.
Every time I render a video it ends up with the same title that was put in when the video was produced. It appears at the bottom of the video and last a few seconds.
Can this be prevented from happening? I'd like to have it where nothing shows up.

Thanks for replies
Never mind, it's working now. Hot stuff.
Hi all:

I'm trying to perform cuts on a clip I did some time ago in PD. The clip was rendered as an mp4.
I've gotten the clip down on the Timeline but can't make any cuts. The program is just not responding.
Am I overlooking something.

Thanks for replies
Hi all:
I've been doing some slide shows and short videos and the file name shows up at the bottom of the video for around 5 seconds when the vidio is first played. I would like to know how to stop this from happening.
I presume this has to be a setting of some sort. I tried using the Search to find out to fix this but no dice.
So, please let me know.

Thanks for replies
I'm having to reinstall Windows on the machine I use Power Director on.
I'd like to know the procedure for getting PD back up. I paid for PD 18 last April and have the key so please guide me through what has to be done. I remember that installing PD wasn't easy, so please provide enough detail.
Thanks
Quote HandBrake is free and it works very well.

Thanks for the reply
Hi All:
At times I need to convert mkv to mp4 so it works in PD. I have VLC but it's SLOW.
Can anyone reco a free converter that does the job with reasonable speed?

Thanks for replies
Hi All:
I'd like to find out how to move ALL the clips on the Timeline at the same time. I know how to move the clips individually, but need to do them ALL together so I can insert something at the beginning of the project..

Thanks for replies
Quote Alt and left or right arrows will nudge clips.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff - and it works!
Hi All:
I'd like to know how, or if, clips can be moved on the Timeline in small delecate increments. Using the "hand" only results in jumps/spurts and there is no detailed control.
Now, I'm NOT talking about using the one frame at a time selector in the Preview window, just on the Timeline.

Thanks for replies
Hi all:
I'm pretty new on PD 18 so bear with me.
When workiing on the Timeline, little info boxes pop at the point of the cursor. They show the start/end time, blah, blah.
These get right in the way of the work where I can't see what I'm doing. How can this "feature" be turned off.
I've gone through Preferences and View and can't find any way to do it.

Thanks for replies
Thanks Phil, that worked as well.
Thanks Jeff, it worked just fine.
Hi all:

I'm doing a project where I need to extend the time of 2 still pictures to around 1 minute each. A still, then a video clip and then another still at the end.
Now, I know this can be done by going through Preferences>Edit, etc, but doing it that way is cumbetsome. Is there another way to do this where the still pics can be selected and then the duration changed.

Thanks for replies
Thanks for the reply and it worked just fine.

M
Hi all:

I've got a clip on the Timeline and have cut a section of it out and have dragged that down to the 2nd row to get it out of the way of the main video.
What I want to do it save the cut out section as I'll use it for something else. But when I try to produce, it includes the cut out clip.
So, what I guess I have to do is to copy & send that section to another folder OUT of PD before prodcing.
But I nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks for replies

It sounds like you're needing to enlarge the audio timeline in order to manipultae it in smaller incriments. . Go to.... Preferences...Editing...Enlarge Timeline....at least I think that's what it's called. It will allow you to move the audio in much smaller incriments down to one tenth of a frame.

Thanks, it did the job.
Hi all:

I need to move an entire clip (in this case an audio clip) a small amount. I've tried to select the clip and then use the hand icon but this is too heavy handed and doesn't allow fine adjustments. I need to be able to move in very small amounts.
ALSO, I don't want to shave anything off the clip, just move it.
I've looked online and can't find anything regarding this.

Anyone?
I just got PD 18 and one of the reasons I bought it was because of the way it does Slide Shows as I plan to do a lot of them.
One feature I want to use is duration - fit photos to music and vice versa. But the only way it seems it can be gotten to is from within Slide Show creator. This wouldn't be a problem if the transition template feature could be by-passed. But when I try not entering a template, the program/app just stops.

Any way to by-pass the templates OR can the duration: fit photos to music,etc be gotten to from elsewhere?

Thanks C
Hi all:
I've just bought PD 18 and am trying to do up a slide show. I've gotten the pics & music clip onto the Timeline. The default duration for the pictures is 5 sec in Preferences. I re-set it to 4 BUT the duration during playback is still 5 sec.
Is there another way of setting it.
BTW, another thing. Is it possible to use "Slide show creator" and not have to get stuck with any of those canned transitions.
I got to that point and when I tried to bypass that, the app didn't work.

Thanks for replies
Quote I would think that the majority of users here have either a UHD or a HD resolution television which is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Using PD16 I would resize them to at least the same resolution as the television screen which is much greater than the 500 pixels wide than you are resizing them to.

Thanks for the reply. I see how it works now.
Go to: