Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to bring a group of pics on the Timeline for a slide show
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:
I'm doing up a slide show and have the pics in the Media area ready to down onto the Timeline but can't find a way.
ALSO, I do NOT want to use "Slide Show creator" as I don't like what it does.

Thanks for replies
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All you need to do is drag the clips from the library to the timeline. You can do it one at a time, or click on one clip then use <Ctrl>+A to select all clips, then drag them to the timeline. Once your clips are there, you can apply transitions to all of them at once, or do it one at a time.

Be sure to set up the time duration for your image files under Preferences, Editing BEFORE you start dragging clips. The default is 5 seconds, but you can change that to any other length. You can also drag the left or right edge of any clip in the timeline to change its duration if you specifically want it to show for a longer or shorter period than the others.

If you haven't done timeline editing before, there are plenty of video tutorials in the Learning Center that will cover the basics and advanced editing topics as well.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°