Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi:
I'd like to know if the size of a clip can be resized up. I've got a clip that's small ( I don't know what the size is ) and I"d like to just bump it up a bit. Is this possible? I know that parts of a clip can be zoomed in on, but I'm talking about the entire clip.
I'm using PD 19

Thanks for replies
Hi all:

My problem: I've dropped an mp4 video on the Timeline and it plays fine. After I cut the segment out that I want to keep and Produce
render it, the render comes up blank and nothing plays. The render/produce goes as it always has and it's rendered into an mp4.
It's been a little while shince I've done this but I have done it many times before with no problems.
Am I missing somehting?

I'm using PD 19

Thanks for replies

Since it's a rendered video, you no longer have access to the timeline that created it, so you'd be editing that rendered video stream. If it imports to the Media Library, drop it in the timeline, find the gap, split it out and delete and then render a new video again.

If you can't import it to the Media Library, that's a different issue. Use https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline to list specifics of the mp4 file, download and attach the MediaInfo report for possible clues.

Jeff

THANKS JEFF - IT WORKED
Hi:
I finished a video a couple of weeks ago and rendered it in mp4.
When viewing the video again, there's a gap I either didn't see or it came about somehow. I put the video back in PD ( I'm using PD 19 ) but am unable to do anything to it with the video.
Can mp4 files be editites in PD or do I have to do something to get it to work?

Thanks for replies
Hi:
IAfter I've moved a .psd file to another folder for storage, I can't bring it back into PD to do additional work on it. After I"ve gotten into PD and locate the file, PD then says it can't find the file because the link has been broken. I thought the reason for saving .psd files is so they can be retrieved later on.
What am I missing?

Thanks for replies
HI:

I'm sure a lot of you post videos to YouTube.

I intend to start putting up videos in YT and would like to know if there's anything beyond just doing up a video in PD and posting in in YT?
Or is this just a matter of posting a video and then YT does what it does as to compressing and whatever else.

I'm using PD 19 but in this case I don't think it matters.

Thanks for replies

Hi all:
I'm in the process of doing up slide shows for a website I plan on putting up. I'd like to know what to size the pictures out to.
I'm using PD 19, My concern is that the pictures don't come out either too big or small. I'm thinking around 500 pix wide should be about right but I'm guessing.

I'm sure that some of you have done slide shows for webstie use, so please let me know your experience with this.

Thanks for replies

Best you can do is define an "Alias" for the clip in the Media Library, like a "1" or something else short to cause less timeline obstruction.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff
Hi all:
When I put the clips on the Timeline the title appears at the beginning over both the video and audio tracks.
It's unessessary and gets in the way of making cuts. I'd like to know if this action can be stopped. I've looked in the Preferences but can't find anything there on this.

Thanks for replies
Hi all:
I'd like to know how to fade in on a text layer. I can do fades on a video clip no problem but not on a text layer.
I'm using PD 19.

Thanks for replies

You don't mention what the aspect ratio is and what PD is doing. You might try to set project aspect ratio to what it should be, drop clip in timeline, right click on clip and use the "Set Clip Attributes" > "Set Aspect Ratio..." to define what you think the clip is.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply.
I may not have phrased the question the right way. Let me do it again and keep it simple.
When the vido is on the Timeline and in the PD monitor, it comes up stretched out. As mentioned, I've tried all the aspect ratios in the program and while they do change the aspect ratio, none of them render the video the right size. The video in the monitor is always too large. Maybe all I need to do is down size it, but I don't know how. Is there some way to "free form" re-size?

I hope this clarifies. I'm not an old hand at PD, but I have done a bunch of videos all with good results, but have never had this problem before.
Hi all:
I've imported a couple of .vob files into PD 19 and can't get the aspect ratio right. Have tried all the choices up in the menu but the video still comes up the PD monitor all out of size.
I even went so far as to change the file format from VOB to mp4 but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for replies
Hi:
Here's the problem. I split up a video into segments and was doing changes ( cropping and enhancements ) to the first segment in the clip. I was surprised to see that the changes made to the this first segment were automatically applied to the rest of the entire clip - even the cropping.
There's a tab in the "enhancement" box that asks "Apply to all" but I didn't click on that.

Is there a way to apply changes to a segment without it effecting the rest of the clip?

This is with PD 19

Thanks for replies
Quote The background is "black" because it's actually blank/empty/nonexistant.

If you want any kind of background, like an image, color board or video, simply place that on track 1 and add your title on track 2 so it will show on top/in front of your background content.

Thanks for the reply
Hi All:
I'm having to do a lot of text intros in PD. When getting into the "title designer" the default background color is black.
I'd like to know how to change it to another color. I've looked in the Youtube videos and done a search in this PD forum but can't find out how.
I know that different backgrounds can be done and imported, but all I want to do now is just change the background color.

Thanks for replies
Warry
What you described is pretty much what I was doing but it's time consuming and I was hoping that there would be a faster & easier way of doing it.

But thanks for the reply.
Quote Depends a bit on what you want to save.
If it is the resulting video as part of the timeline, then you can produce a selection from the timeline by selecting this section with the yellow arrow-pointers. However, it is only possible to save a part in the time line with all tracks included within the selected start and end time. If you only want to save a cut of one (or more) tracks separately then unless you are able to unselect unwanted tracked before you produce a selection, there do not seem to be other ways.
If you are looking to save a selection on your timeline as a project, then the answer is NO, there is no function for that. What I do in those cases is save the project with a generic name, cut the surrounding and then save the separate bit, with the overall timeline still in place in the saved project. (You can of course all undo the cutting to restore the timeline.
The other way around may also be an option. If you have one or more selections separately saved as projects you can insert these projects as projects on the timeline. That of course should be possible in your workflow and requires some planning ahead.
Hope this is a bit clear. Let us know how you proceed.

Thanks for the reply
Hi All:

I presently have a video on the timline that I've made some cuts from. I'd like to know how to save/export them INDIVIDUALLY and not as a group. OR can this even be done?

Thanks for replies
Quote See this recent post for the same answer: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81961.page#post_box_337384 . Use Windows Photo app to display your videos from now on.

Thanks for the reply.
Hi All:
I'm sure this question has been asked more than once before, but I can't find anyting about through the search.
Every time I render a video it ends up with the same title that was put in when the video was produced. It appears at the bottom of the video and last a few seconds.
Can this be prevented from happening? I'd like to have it where nothing shows up.

Thanks for replies
Go to: