Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NEED A VIDEO CARD RECOMENDATION
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:
I've just gotten PD 16 and am new to the program. I've gone through tutorials and have been getting familiar with it.
I'm experiencing some instability and suspect it's because of the video card, which may not be up to the task. The computer has good specs: 3.50 GHz 8 core cpu with 32 GB of RAM.

What would be a good video card for this program. Needless to say I don't want to spend anymore than I have to.

Thanks for replies
Cartof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2017 06:12 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I've just gotten PD 16 and am new to the program.

What would be a good video card for this program. Needless to say I don't want to spend anymore than I have to.

You did not say what video card do you have now.. I suppose it's a "onboard" one like a Intel HDxxx(x) ?

A nvidia GTX1060 would be a good starting point to render fastest with NVENC acceleration.
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. Yes silly of me not to mention the card in the machine. It's GForce GTX 1050.
Thing is I'm experiencing the program freezing up ( I hate to use the word crash ).
Cartof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2017 06:12 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the reply. Yes silly of me not to mention the card in the machine. It's GForce GTX 1050.
Thing is I'm experiencing the program freezing up ( I hate to use the word crash ).

Should not do that.. Are you sure you are up-to-date with drivers? GeForce Experience has your Nvidia drivers updated?
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cartof: thanks for the reply. I've updated the drivers not long ago. I'm going to try another card that my friend has and see if that makes any difference.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
your GTX 1050 is fast enough, attaching the DxDiag.txt of your baby doesn't hurt a bit.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1