Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HOW TO INSTALL FONTS IN PD?
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:
I'd like to know if font's can be imported into PD16 AND how to do it.

Thanks
[Post New]
You can copy and paste the fonts in c:\windows\fonts folder so you will be able to use them in any application
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can copy and paste the fonts in c:\windows\fonts folder so you will be able to use them in any application

Thanks for the reply but how do you import the fonts into PD?
[Post New]
Quote You can copy and paste the fonts in c:\windows\fonts folder so you will be able to use them in any application

Fonts downloaded from the web. Executable files, give 2 clicks, installs on Windows and can be used for any application, including PD16, use in Title Room (F7). see video https://youtu.be/GDDqmZWJrvQ

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 28. 2018 18:20

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]

Fonts downloaded from the web. Executable files, give 2 clicks, installs on Windows and can be used for any application, including PD16

LOL. Thanks for the reply. I know how to get fonts into Window and LInux; have done it a bunch of times. BUT, once into PD, how do you import them into the PD program?
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
They should automatically show up in your font options within PowerDirector once they have been installed in Windows. Any application that works within Windows has access to the same font library. Tutorial here.

--Jim
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

LOL. Thanks for the reply. I know how to get fonts into Window and LInux; have done it a bunch of times. BUT, once into PD, how do you import them into the PD program?

The same way, that you import the fonts in your word processor programm like word or libre office. What? You never imported fonts into Word or LibreOffice? You just installed them in the operating system and used the font chooser dialog or the font dropdown menu? Thats exactly the way to choose a font in PD, too.
Years ago there were problems with OpenType fonts. I don't know, if they still exist. So be sure to use TrueType fonts.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]

The same way, that you import the fonts in your word processor programm like word or libre office. What? You never imported fonts into Word or LibreOffice? You just installed them in the operating system and used the font chooser dialog or the font dropdown menu? Thats exactly the way to choose a font in PD, too.
Years ago there were problems with OpenType fonts. I don't know, if they still exist. So be sure to use TrueType fonts.

Hatti

Thank you gentlemen.