Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'll ask anyway.

I have PhotoDirector Mobile on my iPhone 7+. I paid the $4.99 upgrade fee.

I want to create collages. But I do NOT want any text on my collages. How do I turn OFF the addition of text to my collages ?

Thanks

Clark
Thanks !!

I never saw the blue dot before, and tried this several times. I kept looking for the cross-hair thingy.

Clark
Advice wanted on Crop/Zoom for either PD 15/16.

This tool doesn't seem to work right, not for me the way I use it.

I am trying to crop a 16:9 video to a certain area of the video. Since the best aspect for a Facebook video is 5 x 4, I set the aspect ration in Crop/Zoom to Freeform. I would like to drag the bounding box to cover the area I want.

But I cannot do that.

If I move a side, the other side also moves. Why ? I would like to be able to "freeform" move any side of the bounding box anywhere I would like.

Also, I cannot drag the box to cover any area of the video that I desire. There is no drag tool present. So I cannot center the specific area I would like. And I cannot crop to only the area I want.

This does not behave like "Freeform" Crop to me.

Advice ?

Thanks,

Clark
A small request -

A setting that allows the user to change the background, video preview, from black to other lighter colors.

Often when I am editing a video, it is very difficult to see where the edge of the video is, versus the edge to the background. Both are often black.
Sometimes I really want to get goofy with transitions, for fun videos.

PD 15 does not have good transistions. Filmora does. Yes, Filmora does not have keyframes, other important stuff. But, Filmora has very good transistions.

Please add more Filmora-like transistions to PowerDirector.

Thanks..

Clark
Support for Different Aspect Ratios,

Specifically 3 x 4 and Square

Facebook videos are viewed much better when the user does not need to rotate the iPhone. This is very important for a video ad, when you are trying to get the user to stop scrolling, and watch the video.

A Square resolution or a 3x4 (not 4x3), 3 wide, 4 high display more of the video on the screen. And are viewed directly by the Facebook user.

Please those aspect ratios, or have the ability to define any aspect ratio.
Tony,

Thanks much. That was exactly what I was looking for. As I could do with PowerPoint.

Clark

Quote Hi Clark -

There were some title templates posted here that might be useful for you.

Cheers - Tony
Can someone please point me in the right direction, to create a slide that allows me to list several line items, but displays them one at a time, continuously ?

I would like to be able to format each line separately, and specify the delay for each line separately.

Obviously, I could have several lines on one display, but could not set a time delay for each line.

Thanks,

Clark
ok, i did some googling and found more than one way to convert a MP3 file to text.

Now to find a Text feature that easily allows that text to be timed and displayed as closed captioned text.
Can someone point me in the right direction here ? I would like to be able to convert the audio portion of a video clip to a close-captioned screen display.

Facebook videos do this very nicely. But this video may not go on Facebook.

Anyone have ideas?

Or even convert the audio to a text file ? I can then figure out how to display the scrolling text.

Thanks,

Clark
OK, I'll post several examples of existing Facebook videos. The best ones are square videos

Best by far

1080 x 1080

https://www.facebook.com/steve.wentworth/videos/1721371961516659/

A good combination of video and images, great resolution, great viewing area

A 16 x 9, 1280 x 720

https://www.facebook.com/LifeCellUSA/videos/1514573545226153/

I can do this type, but it doesn't have as much viewing area as I would like

Also, has a Reply/Call to action

3 with good viewing area, all 720 x 720

https://www.facebook.com/GemHomeGarden/videos/1146507075418814/

https://www.facebook.com/stuffnowandhere/videos/553850254819490/

https://www.facebook.com/stuffnowandhere/videos/550881178449731/

Two of mine - Both are 720 x 480, but don't look as good

https://www.facebook.com/VideosOfLifebyClark/videos/1454859114541956/

https://www.facebook.com/VideosOfLifebyClark/videos/1454775661216968/
I'm trying to create Facebook video ads. I've actually created several, but now am beginning to question if I'm creating them correctly.

Most of the vidoes are created with Photos from an iPhone, some also with iPhone video clips. If I mix the two in a video, there is an aspect ratio difference. iPhone photos are normally 4 x 3, and videos are normally 16 x 9. To avoid video black side bars, I would need to crop the photos.

But, in looking over many videos on Facebook, I see that the best video ad presentations cover the entire width of an iPhone display, and also have a height that is higher than the width. So, how do I do that?

If I take 4 x 3 photos, put them in PD15, and create a 4x3 video, I always have black side bars. Is that because a 4x3 photo is not the same aspect ratio as a 4x3 video ? Are the photos actually 3x4, based on those differences ?

To avoid black side bars in a 4x3 video, should I take the iPhone photos in portrait, not landscape mode ? But, I tried that, and still have black side bars.

Apparently I need some advice here. How do I create video for best use in Facebook videos ? The good ones that I've seen on Facebook cover the entire width of an iPhone display, have a height equal to the width or higher than the width. No black sidebars.

They appear to be either 4x4 or 3x4 videos. But I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Clark
I posed this question on the Google Drive forum, but there may be people here who have some insights on this problem.

I use Google Photos and Google Drive.

I'll have a group of photos/videos in Google Photos that I would like to use in my PowerDirector. I could download those files to a folder on my computer and access them in that folder. But I have three computers and would like to have those photos/videos, and the resulting video product, available to all three computers.

Sync'ing is the way, I thought. I could put all the raw files and product files in a sync'd Google folder, and access those directly with any of my three computers, I thought.

There is a problem, though.

The problem is that PowerDirector 15 apparentely has major problems with a sync'd folder. It cannot save to the sync'd folder or open from the sync'd folder. I get the spinning thingy continuously. There must be some read/write privilege on that folder that it doesn't understand.

Anyone have the same problem ? Any workaround ? If I could manually sync the folder instead of automatically syncing, that probably would help. But then, is there a way to manually sync a Google folder ?

Or another solution altogether ?

Thanks,

Clark
Quote I think it is better said remove gap and move all clips… It only works on 1 gap and not the others. If the gap is small say 1 frame then it is better to remove it by expanding the timeline ruler like you have been doing.

OK, that makes sense. It does not work on ALL gaps, but just the one. I was hoping for a command to remove ALL gaps.

Thanks for the reply.

Clark
Quote It is not automatic, but you can remove gaps by right-clicking on a space and choose to remove gaps on all tracks. If you have a big project I would recommend making a backup copy before you start as this may not always give you the results you were expecting.

Sorry, but I do NOT see any option to remove all gaps by right-clicking.

Clark
I do wish there were more of an automatic way to remove slivers, or to prevent them. And an automatic way to "snug up" ALL clips.

In pref > Editing there is a "Enable snap to clips in timeline" that tends to help "snug up" as you desire. Usually if the sliver is going to occur from not positioning clips carefully and overlapping, PD warns with a contextual box on how to handle. However, if user splits clips and leaves small slivers, that's another issue.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks... I do have "Enable snap to clips in timeline" set.

But I still get occasional unknown overlaps which split out a sliver.

The "snug-up" I requested would be to eliminate all gaps in the timeline, which may exist after some significant editing.

Clark
Quote I expanded out considerably and found a tiny sliver of frame and I deleted and crossfade worked fine.

Yeah, even though I know what the problem is, and how to fix it, I still occasionally get those slivers. I notice them when re-playing the video. "What was that ?"

And then I have to really expand the view to find that sliver.

I do wish there were more of an automatic way to remove slivers, or to prevent them. And an automatic way to "snug up" ALL clips.

Clark
Wait ! I just found the Snap-to option. Thanks anyway.

Clark
How can I insert a clip, either in an open space, or between two existing
clips, and ensure that the clip is directly adjoining the prior clip ?
When you are adding (dragging) a clip to the timeline, watch for a blue line at the join. When you see a blue or red line the clips are touching.

Blue line if the scubber is not in play, red line if the scubber is at the clip.

And while I'm asking questions -- is there a way to set the default for the Fade transistion to "Cross" instead of "Overlap" ?
Yes, in Preferences (Gear Icon) > Editing, TimeLine: Set the default transition behavior to either Cross or Overlap.

Thanks much.... Perfect answers to both questions.

I had never noticed that blue line before. It's pretty thin and just went by me.

I'm guessing that there is no "snap-to" setting ? Or something like "snug all clips" ??

Clark
A question on how to improve my technique of inserting video clips...

How can I insert a clip, either in an open space, or between two existing clips, and ensure that the clip is directly adjoining the prior clip ?

I often insert a clip, and have momentary difficulty in directly joining the two. The result would be a small white area of video. Also, I cannot add a crossfade transistion when the two are not directly adjoining.

Or I sometimes go the other way too much. I insert a clip, get the message about "insert and move" and have a small fragment of video that I apparently split out when I inserted the new clip. Those are hard to find, takes much zooming in.

======

And while I'm asking questions -- is there a way to set the default for the Fade transistion to "Cross" instead of "Overlap" ?

Thanks,

Clark
Tony, another question then.. Is there a way to keyframe video speed?

And back to exposure versus brightness, I've read on this a bit. Exposure is better when the entire image or video is dark. Brightness is better when parts are too dark.
Go to: