Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Open/Save problems with a Google Drive Sync'd folder
[Post New]
I posed this question on the Google Drive forum, but there may be people here who have some insights on this problem.

I use Google Photos and Google Drive.

I'll have a group of photos/videos in Google Photos that I would like to use in my PowerDirector. I could download those files to a folder on my computer and access them in that folder. But I have three computers and would like to have those photos/videos, and the resulting video product, available to all three computers.

Sync'ing is the way, I thought. I could put all the raw files and product files in a sync'd Google folder, and access those directly with any of my three computers, I thought.

There is a problem, though.

The problem is that PowerDirector 15 apparentely has major problems with a sync'd folder. It cannot save to the sync'd folder or open from the sync'd folder. I get the spinning thingy continuously. There must be some read/write privilege on that folder that it doesn't understand.

Anyone have the same problem ? Any workaround ? If I could manually sync the folder instead of automatically syncing, that probably would help. But then, is there a way to manually sync a Google folder ?

Or another solution altogether ?

Thanks,

Clark
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
One quick question -- Do you have 3 licensed copies for Power Direcotr 15?

Why do you want to use3 3 different computers?

A lot of programs will not work on network drives because of the possibility of simultaneous changes on the drive from the different shared computers. You can image how that could screww up the network. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.