Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If your screen shows PhotoDirector on the Fix/Enhance screen, then the clip you've selected to "stabilize" is an image, not a video clip:

Also the current version of 365 is 20.0.2204.0

Thanks.... I did make that mistake. I had a video file that needed stabilizing. on my timeline next to an image file.

I clicked the image file instead.

Sorry for the mistake and the confusion. Thanks for your times.

Clark
Jeff,

I thank you for your quick reply.

However, I do not have the same menu as you do. I do NOT have 'Video Stabilizer' in my list of "Fix/Enhance Items". I always had it in the past. It's not there anymore.

Then I saw that you are in ColorDirector, not PowerDirector. I do not have ColorDirector, and really don't want it.

Do you know if that ability - Video Stabilizer - has been removed from PowerDirector, what I have paid for all along ? And moved into something ColorDirector that I have never needed or paid for ? Does anyone know ?

Clark
Has video stablizer been moved ? Or removed ?

I cannot find that menu item anymore.

Latest version
365 v 20.000 xx
Thanks for both replies. However, I did get the NewBlue FX Stablizer plugin working fine.

It was under Plug-ins, Effect, NewBlue Essentials....

All of its settings are active, and apparently it is stabilizing the video better.

Maybe I missed it before, or maybe I needed to re-launch, or didn't hold my mouth right before.

Clark
I got a promotional email for a free copy of NewBlue FX Stabilizer but don't know how to get it running as a plug-in.

I have installed it on my Windows PC, validated it. And now can launch the NewBlue FX Application Manager, which shows that the software is activated and ready.

But I don't see it in my list of plug-ins on PowerDirector.

Please advise me on where to go from here.

Thanks,
Clark Johnson
Quote Unfortunately, CL has specifically made theses titles using a format that doesn't allow the normal range of editing control, and it looks like the only attributes you can change are the the actual text characters, text color, and whether all characters in each field are bold or italic or not.

To make a title with a different sized font, I think you'd have to create it from scratch. At least you could use the graphics/animation from the Minimalist pack and leave the desired text field blank, then place your new text with the appropriate effect on the track below so it will appear on top of the graphics/animation.

Thank you for your insightful reply

Clark
I would often like to change the lower title to be a larger font size while keeping the original for the upper title . Is this possible ?

Thanks,

Clark
Quote Hi Clark!
Well, have you sorted out your problems? Thanks for the video! Do not tell me, I have never used this program and specifically installed it for the same cutting of a moving object. I worked for about 3 hours, the length of my video is 28 seconds, a lot of editing. According to the old Native habit, I've saved after every 3-4 frames. As a result, having wanted to sleep (at 2 a. m.), and having cropped about 6 seconds (less than the 4th part of all the work), I saved the file and shut the laptop.
And today I opened this file, but it was empty! I was asked to add a video to work! How so? !! I almost died! 3 hours down the drain!
Do not tell me how to save in this program? How to avoid this situation in the future? Or do you need to draw a mask from start to finish without stopping?

Mike, Sorry I gave up on this program. Too much frustration . I do think you need to draw a mask from start to finish. But I quit trying on it.
The .PNG format for photos works best if you are using Transparency. JPG does not support transparency in PowerDirector.

You can create transparent PNG in a free application "Paint.net". And others.

I have always used PNG for transparency. Always, in all applications. I have created many transparent PNGs in Photoshop.

I appreciate your response, but that's not the question I was asking.
Sorry for not giving my thanks earlier. I do appreciate the feedback from both other users.

This all got me thinking, so I finally used a technique that may be a bit of overkill, but it does work well on my project that has many different photos with various colors and objects.

In Photoshop I created a horizontal JPG that has a transparency black gradient. The bottom of the JPG is 50% transparent, the top is 100% transparent. The JPG is placed at the bottom of the frames. Therefore there is no visible text background line, either top or bottom.

I place the JPG on a timeline, stretched it for the entire video. The subtitles are placed at the bottom of all frames. If I need to, I can clip the JPG and set its transparency different for different sections of the video. But I've found that I needed to do that just a few times.

Make sense ? It worked well for me.

Clark
My subtitles often get lost when on various "busy" images. This is an example...

Subtitle not clear

I have Bold text, Outline On, and Shadows On. Shadows seem to have NO effect at all, no matter what color I make the Shadows.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Clark

Thank you...

For the time being, my sanity has been validated.

Clark

How strange! "Magic Fix" is an old tool that was around up until PD14 or maybe 15 but it's gone now. This is from PD14:

The article does have some good editing tips, and the screenshots actually show how to access the current tools, but I don't know why the author chose to use the name of and link to a feature from PD5! undecided
I got an email from Cyberlink, clicked on a link...

https://blog.cyberlink.com/video-editing/how-to-fix-out-of-focus-video-with-this-simple-trick/?TopLink=Article_PDR_Fix

This is not something new ?? Just the term "Magic Fix" applied to tools already present in PD 17 ?

Thanks...
Clark
I think I'm close but not there yet.

Basically I want to create a greenscreen of a speaker so that I can replace the background with PNGs, videos, etc.

I thought I could create a PNG mask of the speaker, invert the mask, and then use Chroma Key to greenscreen the background. I'm having problems.

Please give recommendations.

This is the link to a ZIP folder containing the movie with the speaker, and the PNG of the speaker.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOj7dMhvX0gvxHS1yvfaClpa1s7EpjmV/view?usp=sharing

Thanks much

Clark
Quote It depends on what's causing the hangs and crashes.

It's certainly not something most of us are experiencing. So it could be an instability or a buggy driver on your system.

It could also be related to the media you're editing. Unless it's hanging and crashing even when you open a new project, before you add any media to it.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? What is the video's resolution and format?

I've had PD14, 15, 16, and now 17. I've created many, many videos with few problems, an occasional crash probably.

I am doing nothing basically different now. Most of my original videos were captured with my iPhone 7+. Some are from stock videos and photos, but I've always done that.

It takes "forever" to accomplish a small task, like putting keyframes on a video section.
I have PD 17 365 or whatever it's called. It simply hangs quite often. Or hangs then crashes.

This happens so much that I have much difficulty finishing any project.

What do I do ? I'd prefer going back to an earlier version but I'd have to start several projects from scratch since there is no backwards compability.
Quote To my knowledge, you create a green screen video by using a green background to photograph or video first.

In Powerdirector you use, chroma key to add you replacement background.

There are several places to purchase a green screen background, search on Google. Lighting is very important, the background must be lighted evenly.

It is possible to use photo editing software to insert a sold green background in an existing photo.

Thank you for your reply.

However ....

I do already have a physical green screen background in my office. If I were starting a new project with a person talking, I would use that.

Also, it is very simple, with Photoshop and several iPhone apps, to remove the background of a photo, leaving only the desired part., with the rest transparent when saved as a PNG.

There are software methods to create a moving mask of the desired person (or section) in a video. The non-masked portion can then be changed to a specific color (normally green) so that the resulting video is a green-screen video. ColorDirector by Cyberlink has that ability.

I am looking for other software that can do that. I actually read somewhere that Google is considering adding that capability to Google Photos. But not yet.

Thanks,

Clark
Although this is not about PD17, I do own it but frequently need this capability.

Do members here have a recommendation for Green Screen production software ? If I Google that term I find many hits on Green Screen usage, but not Green Screen creation.

I would like to be able to take an existing video, normally of a person but often of a slow moving object, and dynamically mask the desired moving area. Then I can color the remaining area to be green. Or blue. And therefore transparent by using PD17 Chroma Key.

ColorDirector has somewhat that capability, but I'm looking for software exclusively designed for Geen Screen creation from an existing video.

Thank you.

Clark
I'm a PowerDirector 365 subscriber. And have access to the "new" stuff.

I really need a film strip. I would put my own images in each frame of the film. The strip would move continuously from right to left.

So, I would be showing with a video possibilities I would produce in a video. The frames would have maybe a Facebook logo, Instragram logo, an image of a hairstylist, a car mechanic, whatever a person does in his business.

The point would be to convince possible clients that I can create a video, market it where it needs to be marketed, of any business that they have.

Help ?

I can make a static image, but I really would prefer a moving video sample.

Thanks,

Clark
I do appreciate all the replies. But still stick with my opinion. But I will stop now.

I like the way that the Keyframe window opens up in a large window and automatically resizes the video window down.

Thanks again.
Go to: