Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tony, another question then.. Is there a way to keyframe video speed?

And back to exposure versus brightness, I've read on this a bit. Exposure is better when the entire image or video is dark. Brightness is better when parts are too dark.
Cool !!!!

Tony,

I just tried your suggestion. It worked like a charm.

Thanks much,

Clark

I guess one way is to place two copies of the video clip on parallel timelines. The adjust the back one for the maximum brightness for the clip. Gradually change the transparency of the front clip by keyframing it, to display the parts of the finished video the way you prefer.

I have some outside videos that change in brightness because of the time of day and sun.

Is there any way to keyframe brightness in the video? I'd like to gradually change the brightness rather than put in video breaks and change the brightness of each clip. That's too sudden of a brightness change.

Thanks,

Clark
Neil,

That really does help. I thank you loads.

I felt there had to be a built-in manner to have, for example, scrolling text. There it is, under "Effects". And all sorts of other options.

That opened a new chapter for me.

That's what I get for having this as a hobby. I don't spend enough time to learn all the options within PD14.

Thanks again,

Clark

PS. But I think I do make some decent, often fun videos.

Examples...

https://youtu.be/FPkOM8kvdxY

https://youtu.be/e2I3Yy-hIf0

And if/when I ever retire (70 and still full-time consultant Chemical Engineer), I'll try to made some earnings doing this. So far, none. : But then, I'm never bored, looking for something to do.

Website -- www.videosoflife.com

FB - fb.com/videosoflifebyclark
OK, I tried again this morning, doing "exactly" what I had done before, and "exactly" what Robert had outlined. And guess what ? You're correct. It worked this time. Go figure. cool

Operator-error, I guess.

And in case anyone (doubtful) would like to see the humorous (?), sarcastic (!) video that I created, here's the link.

https://youtu.be/FPkOM8kvdxY

May the Foath be with you !!!
Robert,

Thanks. I swear I did it exactly as you said. On two different computers.

But I will try again when I get home.

Clark
I believe this to be a bug, and would appreciate a confirmation.

I cannot fade in/out any text.

I use the Default text box, inserting text into it. I try to set the keyframe at the start for 100% Opacity, and set a Opacity keyframe at the end (or anywhere) for 0%.

Does not work. PD14 resets the opacity to 100% everywhere.

Thanks.
Well, I've searched a bit, and could not find a way in forum posts.

I've learned NOT to include transistions in any of the early stages of creating a slideshow. They simply get in the way of subsequent edits. For me, anyway.

But I often feel the need of re-arranging or replacing some of the media as I am finalizing the video. But when I do, I have a couple of problems.

1. I cannot replace an existing image with a new one, leaving the transistion in place.

2. If I delete an image on the timeline that has adjoining transistions, then the transition is also deleted.

Would one of you experts tell me if I'm missing the boat, and there is a better way to do this ?

Thanks,

Clark
I didn't know I had any Windows update issues. It's a fairly new Surface Book 4 under Windows 10. Maybe Windows 10 is going through many early updates ?

I do not see where to set display to 100% instead of 200%. I do not see that settting.

I did turn off Hardware encoding. Suddenly there is no audio/video sync problem. I'll play around some more, but turning off Hardware encoding seems to have solved the sync problem.

Clark
And this is the DXDIAG text file.

SR number is VDE151023-03.

Incidentally, one more confusing thing.

All of the earlier information that I posted would imply that there is a problem within PD 14. It is the only application out of 7 tested that has audio/sync problems with these files.

But I did try one more thing. Since the original file is 3.4 GB, I thought I would try a much smaller version, one that could be downloaded and tested by others. So, I used SolveigMM Video Splitter to cut out the first section of that problem video. SVS does not re-render the file, which I thought would be important. It does a lossless saving of the video file.

But the small file that I created with SVS had garbled audio. What does that mean ? I have no idea. It might mean that the original MOV file has an audio problem. But, now I'm confused.

Thank you,

Clark
Hello, everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I haven't done the diagnostic requested yet. But I've run some interesting tests.

Opening the file in various video editors ---

PowerDirector 14 always has a audio/video sync problem. The audio leads by several seconds.

Wondershare Filmora is very smooth, no jerkiness, with audio/video in perfect sync.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC is in audio/video sync but with noticeable jerkiness in edit/preview mode

4 video players have audio/video in sync

So, the only editor that really has a sync problem is PD14. The video is a 4K Mov file, but that should not make any difference. I've attached the MediaInfo Log file.

My PowerDirector is PowerDirector Ultimate 14.0.2302.0.

Clark
Neil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that tomorrow. Seems that I have PD13 on my office computer. I do have other ways to re-render the file. But, I really wonder why that would be needed, and if it indeed solves the problem, why ?

Here's one of the problem files...

https://goo.gl/photos/wxh5C9X8W56YGDfLA

But, it's 3.5 GB in size, so I doubt that anyone would want to download it.

Clark
This is weird.

I have about 30 MOV files, taken by a video camerman at my wedding. Each of those files plays perfectly in each of the 4 standalone video players I have tried. Audio and video are in perfect sync.

However, when I import any of these MOV files into PowerDirector 14, every file is now out of audio/video sync by many seconds.

When I insert them on the Timeline, and then Play, they are not in sync.

Before I even drop them on the Timeline, but preview-Play them while in the Media folder, audio and video are out of sync.

I have never seen this before with many, many video files in PD14.

Anyone know what's happening, and if there is a cure?

Thanks,

Clark
Duhhh !

Hah! Got me. 😜

πŸπŸŠπŸ‹πŸŽπŸ†
Tony,

Again, very helpful. You're correct in that Overlap does give a nicer, smoother transition.

That's also good info on Control-Clicking the appropriate photos to set a particular transition on a selected group. However, I do not get the colored dots above the like-photos. I'm using PD13 at work, so would my PD14 at home give me the dots ?

Clark
Cool !!! cool

I played with both methods. So far, I think I like Magic Motion the best. I do have to customize it a bit, or the effects look the same on each photo.

But, it's a good tool in PD that I did not know about.

So, thanks, Tony !!!
I thought it was set to Unlisted, so I guess I goofed. It is now set to Public.

Thanks,

Clark
I have an iPhone 6s, which does a pretty decent job of creating a short video from photos or video clips taken by the iPhone.

One of the features that I like the most about iMovie is its implementation of the Ken Burns effect for videos. It's a great way of having continuous transition, while panning and zooming.

Is that Ken Burns effect available for PD14 ?

Yes, I realize that I probably could do the same by using the right pan-and-zoom transitions with PD 14. But that would likely be much more time-consuming, with less of a nice effect. The iMovie Ken Burns affect is good, and can also be adjusted a bit.

This is a YouTube link to a sample video that I created this morning with my iPhone using iMovie. It shows what the iMovie Ken Burns affect does, with little adjustment by me.

https://youtu.be/PV8AM021wQ4

It would be nice to have that directly available on PD 14.

Thanks,

Clark
Tony,

Thanks for your answer. That is what I am doing -- splitting the video into several segments.

Another question, please. I'm trying to crop the video, but it looks like I cannot change the aspect ratio of the crop. I would like to change the aspect ratio of the crop, to include only the scrolling screen. But it looks like the crop ratio is fixed to the original size. What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Clark
I am creating a marketing video for a local restaurant that has many very good customer reviews on Facebook. I captured all off the reviews, while scrolling, with a video capture program.

I would like to create the impression that there are so many good reviews that we don't have time to read all of them as they scroll by. So the video speed would start out normal at the beginning, but would get faster as the review video progressed.

I could do this by splitting the video into several parts, and increase the video speed for each part.

But, does PD13 have a way to keyframe video speed ? I couldn't find it. Or a better way to transition the video speed faster and faster ?

Thanks
Go to: