Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Advice needed on inserting clips
[Post New]
A question on how to improve my technique of inserting video clips...

How can I insert a clip, either in an open space, or between two existing clips, and ensure that the clip is directly adjoining the prior clip ?

I often insert a clip, and have momentary difficulty in directly joining the two. The result would be a small white area of video. Also, I cannot add a crossfade transistion when the two are not directly adjoining.

Or I sometimes go the other way too much. I insert a clip, get the message about "insert and move" and have a small fragment of video that I apparently split out when I inserted the new clip. Those are hard to find, takes much zooming in.

======

And while I'm asking questions -- is there a way to set the default for the Fade transistion to "Cross" instead of "Overlap" ?

Thanks,

Clark
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
How can I insert a clip, either in an open space, or between two existing
clips, and ensure that the clip is directly adjoining the prior clip ?
When you are adding (dragging) a clip to the timeline, watch for a blue line at the join. When you see a blue or red line the clips are touching.

Blue line if the scubber is not in play, red line if the scubber is at the clip.

And while I'm asking questions -- is there a way to set the default for the Fade transistion to "Cross" instead of "Overlap" ?
Yes, in Preferences (Gear Icon) > Editing, TimeLine: Set the default transition behavior to either Cross or Overlap.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2016 12:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
How can I insert a clip, either in an open space, or between two existing
clips, and ensure that the clip is directly adjoining the prior clip ?
When you are adding (dragging) a clip to the timeline, watch for a blue line at the join. When you see a blue or red line the clips are touching.

Blue line if the scubber is not in play, red line if the scubber is at the clip.

Yes, in Preferences (Gear Icon) > Editing, TimeLine: Set the default transition behavior to either Cross or Overlap.

Thanks much.... Perfect answers to both questions.

I had never noticed that blue line before. It's pretty thin and just went by me.

I'm guessing that there is no "snap-to" setting ? Or something like "snug all clips" ??

Clark
[Post New]
Wait ! I just found the Snap-to option. Thanks anyway.

Clark