Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voice-over converted to close-captioning
[Post New]
Can someone point me in the right direction here ? I would like to be able to convert the audio portion of a video clip to a close-captioned screen display.

Facebook videos do this very nicely. But this video may not go on Facebook.

Anyone have ideas?

Or even convert the audio to a text file ? I can then figure out how to display the scrolling text.

Thanks,

Clark
[Post New]
ok, i did some googling and found more than one way to convert a MP3 file to text.

Now to find a Text feature that easily allows that text to be timed and displayed as closed captioned text.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PD does implement the standard subtitling format, either producing an .srt file from manually entered subtitles, or reading an .srt file and incorporating the subtitles into the timeline.

F12 will bring up the subtitle room.

When subtitles are present there is an extra timeline available below the SVRT timline where subtitles are displayed and can be adjusted.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.