Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You can go into Task Manager, find the program that is running and assign it a CPU Priority (right-click on the program name and choose "Set priority").

Your choices are--in descending priority--Realtime, High, Above normal, Normal, Below normal, and Low.

BE CAREFUL: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!...If you set a process too high, it may not give up enough timeslice for you to even go in and change it back to normal!

Also, I believe this priority is only good for the current process at that particular time. In other words, once you close that program and re-launch it, the CPU priority gets reset to Normal.

If you have multiple CPUs or Cores, you can give a program affinity to any one or all of those CPU/Cores. Right-click on the program name and choose Affinity. Before doing so, check the CPU utilization to see which CPU(s)/Core(s) you want to use. Just like CPU Priority, this setting is only good while the process is running (it gets reset if you restart the program).
In PD11, there is the Project Properties dialog (File > Project Properties).

How do I enter keywords? Are they comma-delimited? Space-delimited? Do I need quotation marks for embedded spaces? Why is this not in the help file?

Also, does PD11 provide a feature or does CyberLink provide a tool to add to the EXIF information of the produced video (things like my own copyright, contact info, etc)?
I basically understand the intent of packed projects. I've successfully packed a couple recently (and added misc assets manually), but this particular packed project seemed to have mangled/intermixed the background jpgs of two of my animated title clips.
Quote:
Quote: Well, ESC is a typical cancel key in Windows
So all editing SHOULD be lost if you cancel. I see no issue here as you are cancelling all edits.

If your logic is valid, then if I choose "File > New Project", why does PD ask me if I want to save my currently loaded project if it has changed? I told PD I want a NEW project, so it should just take me there (and discard all my current changes), right? I disagree--and apparently CyberLink disagrees, also.
I vote for having a confirmation before the window closes because of an errant <Esc> key press.

The confirmation should ask if you want to close the window without saving, providing two buttons, "OK" and "Cancel". If you don't want to close without saving, then clicking on the "Cancel" button returns you to that window so you can save it.
Quote: If you have other assets, you could create a sub-folder in the Packed folder and copy the extra assets to that folder.

I have none that I know of.

I simply have four "physical" assets: three video clips and a snapshot jpg. The other items (not in media Library/Room) are three title clips, a free Magic Music track, three transitions, and a credits clip.

To what other assets would you be referring?
Are Packed Projects Meant to be Used Directly?

When I pack a project and then open the PDS from that packed folder, I do not get the same experience as when I open it from its original folder.

If I produce from this packed folder, one of my title clips is super-jittery, but other portions of the video appear fine.

Also, I notice that when I open the packed project PDS the timeline images for my title clips are incorrect (different backgrounds) like they are mixed together, etc. In other words, the background animated image from the first title appear on my second title.

FWIW, in my packed folder there are numerous png files (over 300) that have similar names. e.g. O1_00172.png and O1_00172 (1).png

I'm using PD11 with the latest update (3026).
Ah ha! Thanks, Carl.

It's probably along the lines of how this video was made, except the boy was "scaled" into view.
I asked the same question last week.
I'm trying to figure out how this guy did this. Any suggestions? ... "Magic Trick" Video
Quote: Hi,
If you re-size PD on your desktop to the size you wish and close I believe it will re open at that size...I could be wrong tho'

Thanks, Jim. I just tried it and--unfortunately--it doesn't work.
How can I prevent PD11 from opening into full-screen (maximized window) mode upon launching the app

When it is maximized, I click on the "Restore" button to restore the window back to non-maximized, but the window is still 99% max'ed out. I then have to manually resize the window to my liking.
Understood.

But if all assets are in one folder, but not as a result of packing the project, is the path (or lack thereof) the same?

I guess I should just test this myself. I'll try it out later...
Thanks.

If the asset was in the same folder as the project file, then what does the SRC= look like? Does it still have the full path?
Quote: ...the .pds file hard codes the asset locations ... Placing copies of all the assets in a project folder minimises the problem, but does not address the potential problem caused by the hard coding of file locations.

So, if all the assets, including the PDS, are in the folder, "c:\foo\", then what you are saying is that the PDS still refers to them with an absolute path (e.g. "c:\foo\some_asset.avi") and not by relative path--in which case just the asset name would suffice?
So, after watching the video (see link below) on PowerDirector project management, if I were to follow those tips by putting all my project assets into this new working folder scheme, what is the difference between that working folder and the packed project folder (other than the various sequentially saved PDS files as the video recommends)?

When I see the word "packed", I automatically think "compressed/zipped", but it appears this is not the case.

http://youtu.be/FAOnn8g0C_o
Thanks, everyone for the replies. It does turn out that the trial version does not contain the Time-Lapse style in the Slideshow Creator portion of the app.

I basically did it the manual way, which--by the way--is probably a lot better since I believe I have more granular control over the video.

Here is the final output of my first time-lapse video.

Quote: whats up with slideshow under pd11. when i select a bunch of pix, select them as a clip, set a duration, then go to slideshow creator. it makes a slideshow all right. but its shrinked to a different duration.

and if i use trial and error to make the original slide clip bigger to compensate. does not matter since the slideshow creator ignores the new length. this of course makes the slideshow creator useless to me ... am i missing something. is there a magic way of specifying the duration?

I am (was) new to time-lapse processing in PowerDirector. I was using the trial version and when I tried using the "Slideshow Creator" from the Welcome screen, the "Time-Lapse" style was missing, so I couldn't test that feature from within the trial version. As a workaround, here is how I did it...

First of all, I had 3,610 images that comprised my time-lapse. Since PD only allows 2,500 in the media library, I took half of them (1,805), put them on the timeline, selected them all, set the duration to 0.02, then produced an MPEG4 movie file. I repeat these steps for the remaining images. I was now left with two MPEGs. I created a new project and imported those two MPEGs. At this point, I sped-up the video slightly to get it down to two minutes. I then added titles, a freeze-frame, credits, and a soundtrack. At this point, I produced the final video for publishing.

If it weren't for the large amount of images that I had, it would have been quite a bit simpler.

Check out my two-minute time-lapse video.

Quote:
Quote: Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?

When I bring all my photos to the timeline and choose, "Slideshow", I don't see the option for Time Lapse.

How can I test this feature before purchasing?

Don't use the canned Slide show Templates.

You can set the duration of images in preferences or you can set the duration of the images on the Timeline by selecting all images and setting the duration.

Here is one I did looking for a water leak on my floor.
http://youtu.be/Brbvo2xeMSI

I did put music with this one.

Thank you for your reply. In the preferences, it wants the duration per image. If I want 20 fps, what do I set this to? Or am I in the wrong preference section?
Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?

When I bring all my photos to the timeline and choose, "Slideshow", I don't see the option for Time Lapse.

How can I test this feature before purchasing?
As a trial user of PowerDirector 11, what are the best practices when going from the trial version to the purchased version?

May main concerns are:

1) Should I uninstall the trial version before installing the purchased version?
2) Will any projects created with the trial version open seamlessly in the purchased version?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Go to: