Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know there are some basic information embedded within a video file, but what about information relating to the camera and camera settings used when capturing the video?

I want to look at videos of mine and see what the shutter speed and ISO settings used in the capture.
Thanks, Jeff! laughing
I just bought and downloaded PowerDirector 13 Ultimate. I currently have 12 Ultimate installed.

How do I go about upgrading to v13 without having two versions installed on my computer?

Do I simply start the installation and 13 knows to overwrite 12?

I want to only end up with one version (v13).
Quote: Fellow PD users -

Here’s a new tutorial created by vn800rider (Adrian), that shows a workaround allowing PD12 users to use MultiCam Designer to automatically sync up a four camera shoot.

Instead of the four cam shoot being mixed to a single track in PD12’s main interface, this workaround allows PD12 users to populate the four cam auto-synced results, to four separate tracks in the main interface.

The tutorial only applies to PD12, but may be useful for PD11 users considering upgrading.

Thanks to PDToots for this "MultiCam Customising Tip" video. Because of this tutorial, I could take video from two cameras and create an inset picture-in-a-picture synchronized video with little effort.

So, if you are a multi-cam videographer and you are considering PD 12, I highly recommend it. Check it out my first multi-cam sync'ed video...

Thanks to PDToots for the "MultiCam Customising Tip" video. Because of this video, I could take video from two cameras and create an inset picture-in-a-picture synchronized video with little effort. Check it out...

Quote: Hero 3+ out now.

http://gopro.com/

I was going to get this latest version, but since I participated in the GoPro focus group, the Hero 3 is what they gave us as compensation. Besides, I'm going to wait for the Hero 4.
Quote: awesome mate been thinking of getting a GoPro Hero 3 Black. I have a XD1080pro I use for my (online youtube) race videos time to get a Go Pro too I think for other things

I can't speak for the Replay XD, but the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition not only shoots in 1080p at 60 fps (for fantastic slow-mo), but it also shoots in 2K and 4K resolutions.

Also, out of the box, the GoPro can go deep under water--like 60m (or ~190 feet).

The WiFi capability is sweet. You can control with the camera with the remote. Additionally, up to 50 cameras can be controlled from up to 180m away (600 feet) with just one iPhone.
Quote: ...Yep I have reported them to CyberLink, no response so far.

Any word on this? What, exactly, is the anomaly?

I'm going to be using the Multicam Designer soon and would appreciate not wasting time and no surprises.

Thanks!
Woo-hoo! My second GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition video camera arrived today! I hope to get some cool simultaneous footage with the two of them this snowboarding season, as well as out on the waves, tutorials, and other topics.

The best part of all is that this video camera is that I didn't have to pay money for it! It was given to me for being part of a GoPro focus group! Not bad for a little over an hour of my time.

The next best part is I can now look forward to using the Multicam Designer feature of PowerDirector 12.

Quote: By the way; is anyone else missing mail-notices from the forum...or is it just me ?

I'm getting them. I compared the timestamp on your message here with the timestamp on the email notice I received and it was exactly the same.
I was under the impression that the auto-save feature simply saved your project at regular intervals (same as "File > Save Project"). I completely didn't notice the file path associated with this feature on the options screen.

Thinking that it simply overwrite my project's PDS file each time, I turned it off.

I'm going to turn it back on!

I just installed the first one (Video Essentials IV) and it is a 14-day trial version.

Also, I chose "Cancel" when presented with a prompt to install "eSellerate". Although it may be harmless (or maybe not), something with a name like that does not deserve to be installed on my computer. What is eSellerate?.

Are these free for users of PD12? Or is a NewBlue license required?
Quote: I have PD12 Ultimate and the NewBlue effects I, II, and III. I kept crashing when I went into the Fx room, so I tried deleting--formally uninstalling those effects packages via the Windows 8 Uninstall module.

My issues went away, but now I want to put NewBlue effects back but do not know where the installation program is.

I reinstalled Content Pack Essentials and Content Pack Premium, but the NewBlue effect didn't show up. I guess I'm resigned to reinstall PD12 Ultimate totally from scratch (uninstall and reinstall everything).

So, I uninstalled all of PD12 and related items and reinstalled everything from scratch. My "Clicking-on-the-Fx-tab-after-adding-a-still-photo-to-the-timeline" error/crash appears to have gone away.

Having said that, prior to this reinstall, the error/crash did not happen every time--many times--but not every time.

Additionally, all my NewBlue effects (I, II, & III) are back!

So far, so good.
Quote:
Quote: Just to be clear, guys;

Essential + Premium pack should have NB fx 1,2,3?
Is that amounting to be (only) 10 effects? (+ one for download/purchase)
I seem to have only Essential , though Premium pack is installed.

Reinstall?

With PD12, reinstalling Essential and Premium does not restore the NewBlue effects. Believe me--I just tried it. I'll probably just reinstall everything. I can do that, right?...meaning, my product key should work again, yes?

So, I uninstalled all of PD12 and related items and reinstalled everything from scratch. My "Clicking-on-the-Fx-tab-after-adding-a-still-photo-to-the-timeline" error/crash appears to have gone away.

Having said that, prior to this reinstall, the error/crash did not happen every time--many times--but not every time.

Additionally, all my NewBlue effects (I, II, & III) are back!

So far, so good.
I have PD12 Ultimate and the NewBlue effects I, II, and III. I kept crashing when I went into the Fx room, so I tried deleting--formally uninstalling those effects packages via the Windows 8 Uninstall module.

My issues went away, but now I want to put NewBlue effects back but do not know where the installation program is.

I reinstalled Content Pack Essentials and Content Pack Premium, but the NewBlue effect didn't show up. I guess I'm resigned to reinstall PD12 Ultimate totally from scratch (uninstall and reinstall everything).
Quote: Just to be clear, guys;

Essential + Premium pack should have NB fx 1,2,3?
Is that amounting to be (only) 10 effects? (+ one for download/purchase)
I seem to have only Essential , though Premium pack is installed.

Reinstall?

With PD12, reinstalling Essential and Premium does not restore the NewBlue effects. Believe me--I just tried it. I'll probably just reinstall everything. I can do that, right?...meaning, my product key should work again, yes?
Quote: Try 'Format Factory'.

Free program. Search for it.

I know this is an old thread, but today--for the first time--I had an AIFF music file and needed PD12 to recognize it. I downloaded and installed Format Factory from their official website and converted it to both MP3 and WAV.

The MP3 file created was 1.88 MB and the WAV created was 20.7 MB. The original AIFF file was also 20.7. I used the WAV file since it better preserves the original file.

Thanks, Carl!
Thanks, CubbyHouseFilms.

I must have installed the NewBlue effects 1, 2, & 3 from somewhere, seeing that they were in the list of Windows programs to uninstall and I did successfully uninstall them.

When I first purchased PD12, below are the six files that I downloaded and installed...surely, NewBlue must be part of one of those files, yes? If so, do I just re-run that setup program?

1 - PowerDirector12_Ultimate_VDE130625-01.exe
2 - PowerDirector12_ContentPack_Essential_PCP130619-01.exe
3 - PowerDirector12_ContentPack_Premium_PCP130619-02.exe
4 - CreativeDesignPack_Travel_CDP130812-03.exe
5 - CreativeDesignPack_Holiday_CDP121106-01.exe
6 - MenuTemplatePack_RomancePackv3_MTP130731-01.exe
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: I removed/uninstalled the NewBlue Video Essentials 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 plug-ins and then re-installed them.

So far so good. PD12 works fine.

I, too, was having PD12 Ultimate crash on me when I go to the Fx room. This happened three or four times just now. So, I decided to remove/uninstall the NewBlue Essentials 1, 2, and 3.

My question now is, how do I re-install? Where are the setup programs?

Mine were in my C Drive in a folder called NewBlue and also for some reason in My Documents.

I found a bunch of newblue PNG's and XML files on my computer but I don't see an installation/setup program (.exe or .msi).
Go to: