Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?

When I bring all my photos to the timeline and choose, "Slideshow", I don't see the option for Time Lapse.

How can I test this feature before purchasing? ---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?

When I bring all my photos to the timeline and choose, "Slideshow", I don't see the option for Time Lapse.

How can I test this feature before purchasing?

Don't use the canned Slide show Templates.

You can set the duration of images in preferences or you can set the duration of the images on the Timeline by selecting all images and setting the duration.

Here is one I did looking for a water leak on my floor.
http://youtu.be/Brbvo2xeMSI

I did put music with this one. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Does Trial Version Support Time Lapse Creation?

How can I test this feature before purchasing?

Don't use the canned Slide show Templates.

You can set the duration of images in preferences or you can set the duration of the images on the Timeline by selecting all images and setting the duration.

Here is one I did looking for a water leak on my floor.
http://youtu.be/Brbvo2xeMSI

I did put music with this one.

Thank you for your reply. In the preferences, it wants the duration per image. If I want 20 fps, what do I set this to? Or am I in the wrong preference section? ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I can see the lowest figure you can set for the duration is 0.1 seconds ( i.e. 10 f.p.s.). You could always produce to an intermediate file and then use that in a second project and double up the speed from within power tools.

@ Carl - I'm intrigued, where was the water coming from?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As far as I can see the lowest figure you can set for the duration is 0.1 seconds ( i.e. 10 f.p.s.). You could always produce to an intermediate file and then use that in a second project and double up the speed from within power tools.

@ Carl - I'm intrigued, where was the water coming from?

It was coming for a broken drain hose on the Dishwasher.

This is the video of when I found where the water was coming from.
http://youtu.be/KCDToVo216A

The Duration is in Preferences > Editing. You can set the duration for many things, Effects, Images, Transitions and more.
You can put you images on the timeline select all (Ctrl+A), Then click on Duration on top of timeline, the minimum is one frame.
At 30 fps, 1/2 second duration is 15 frames. (00:00:00:15).

[Thumb - 720x480 size screen shot.png]
 Filename
720x480 size screen shot.png
[Disk]
 Description
How set duration for all images
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
344 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2013 10:25

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sometimes wonder how many other things I make difficult for myself when there is a nice simple way of achieving what I'm after. Select all and then setting duration is the way to do it

(Good job you found the leak before the rot got worse by the way!)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Good music with the water on the floor video. With all the water, you wouldn't have to look for "all the flowers being gone".

Are we dating ourselves?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2013 10:45

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Good music with the water on the floor video. With all the water, you wouldn't have to look for "all the flowers being gone".

Are we dating ourselves?

Yes, we are.

That muisc was from a MIDI download many years ago.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I sometimes wonder how many other things I make difficult for myself when there is a nice simple way of achieving what I'm after. Select all and then setting duration is the way to do it

(Good job you found the leak before the rot got worse by the way!)

I wish I had found the leak a week earlier.

The problem was the floor is not level, so the water ran away from the source.
The water was very clear, the only way I could see where it went, was with the newspaper on the floor.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

On the time lapse question...

Using the Time Lapse slideshow template & setting durations to 00;00;00;01 or 00;00;00;02 gives you exactly the same result as selecting all the images and applying the durations in the timeline.

Not sure if the trial version has that template, but there are always different ways to get things done.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SoCalDude
[Post New]
Thanks, everyone for the replies. It does turn out that the trial version does not contain the Time-Lapse style in the Slideshow Creator portion of the app.

I basically did it the manual way, which--by the way--is probably a lot better since I believe I have more granular control over the video.

Here is the final output of my first time-lapse video.

---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Very good! Nice even exposure throughout the video. My attempts in the past have always been bedeviled by fluctuating lighting although they have always been out of doors. I've been hanging my nose over a GoPro for a while and wondering if I can slip the expenditure past the boss without getting into trouble

That's certainly made me want to go ahead.