Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
slideshow duration does not seem to work in pd11?
zephyr99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2013 07:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
whats up with slideshow under pd11. when i select a bunch of pix, select them as a clip, set a duration, then go to slideshow creator. it makes a slideshow all right. but its shrinked to a different duration.

and if i use trial and error to make the original slide clip bigger to compensate. does not matter since the slideshow creator ignores the new length. this of course makes the slideshow creator useless to me.

last time i did the slideshow, it was with pd10. and it worked perfectly.

am i missing something. is there a magic way of specifying the duration? zephyr99
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: whats up with slideshow under pd11. when i select a bunch of pix, select them as a clip, set a duration, then go to slideshow creator. it makes a slideshow all right. but its shrinked to a different duration.

and if i use trial and error to make the original slide clip bigger to compensate. does not matter since the slideshow creator ignores the new length. this of course makes the slideshow creator useless to me.

last time i did the slideshow, it was with pd10. and it worked perfectly.

am i missing something. is there a magic way of specifying the duration?

The Slideshow templates are fixed in duration.

There is a workaround;
Produce the slideshow to a video, bring that video to the timeline, use Power Tools > Video Speed and change the speed of the video. You can slow it or speed it up.

Of course you can create your own slideshow on the timeline by setting the duration of the images and adding your own transitions and effects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2013 13:45

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

zephyr99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2013 07:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
a most wonderful work around.
tks.
john zephyr99
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: whats up with slideshow under pd11. when i select a bunch of pix, select them as a clip, set a duration, then go to slideshow creator. it makes a slideshow all right. but its shrinked to a different duration.

and if i use trial and error to make the original slide clip bigger to compensate. does not matter since the slideshow creator ignores the new length. this of course makes the slideshow creator useless to me ... am i missing something. is there a magic way of specifying the duration?

I am (was) new to time-lapse processing in PowerDirector. I was using the trial version and when I tried using the "Slideshow Creator" from the Welcome screen, the "Time-Lapse" style was missing, so I couldn't test that feature from within the trial version. As a workaround, here is how I did it...

First of all, I had 3,610 images that comprised my time-lapse. Since PD only allows 2,500 in the media library, I took half of them (1,805), put them on the timeline, selected them all, set the duration to 0.02, then produced an MPEG4 movie file. I repeat these steps for the remaining images. I was now left with two MPEGs. I created a new project and imported those two MPEGs. At this point, I sped-up the video slightly to get it down to two minutes. I then added titles, a freeze-frame, credits, and a soundtrack. At this point, I produced the final video for publishing.

If it weren't for the large amount of images that I had, it would have been quite a bit simpler.

Check out my two-minute time-lapse video.

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM