Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are Packed Projects Meant to be Used Directly?
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Are Packed Projects Meant to be Used Directly?

When I pack a project and then open the PDS from that packed folder, I do not get the same experience as when I open it from its original folder.

If I produce from this packed folder, one of my title clips is super-jittery, but other portions of the video appear fine.

Also, I notice that when I open the packed project PDS the timeline images for my title clips are incorrect (different backgrounds) like they are mixed together, etc. In other words, the background animated image from the first title appear on my second title.

FWIW, in my packed folder there are numerous png files (over 300) that have similar names. e.g. O1_00172.png and O1_00172 (1).png

I'm using PD11 with the latest update (3026).
---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Are Packed Projects Meant to be Used Directly?

When I pack a project and then open the PDS from that packed folder, I do not get the same experience as when I open it from its original folder.

If I produce from this packed folder, one of my title clips is super-jittery, but other portions of the video appear fine.

Also, I notice that when I open the packed project PDS the timeline images for my title clips are incorrect (different backgrounds) like they are mixed together, etc. In other words, the background animated image from the first title appear on my second title.

FWIW, in my packed folder there are numerous png files (over 300) that have similar names. e.g. O1_00172.png and O1_00172 (1).png

I'm using PD11 with the latest update (3026).

The Packed Folder in Powerdirector only copies the videos and images that are on the timeline at the time you export the packed project.

If you have other assets, you could create a sub-folder in the Packed folder and copy the extra assets to that folder.

If the assets of the program are different, you might lose some customized Titles, effects, and fonts.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you have other assets, you could create a sub-folder in the Packed folder and copy the extra assets to that folder.

I have none that I know of.

I simply have four "physical" assets: three video clips and a snapshot jpg. The other items (not in media Library/Room) are three title clips, a free Magic Music track, three transitions, and a credits clip.

To what other assets would you be referring?
---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You have a project.
In that project is a library full of images and videos, music, etc.
Many of these assets will be placed in the timeline(s) to make your masterpiece.
When you pack a project, only the items in the actual production timeline(s) will be packed.
The assets you do not use, will not be included in the project package.
If you wish to keep all those assets together, just in case you decide to use that funny picture of Nana someday when you re-edit the project, you might want to cut n paste, or copy n paste those assets into the ppm folder.
Good housekeeping.
I've never had an issue with Packed Projects not behaving like they should. The only issue might be a missing font, or similar when brought to a different or re-upped computer. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
SoCalDude
[Post New]
I basically understand the intent of packed projects. I've successfully packed a couple recently (and added misc assets manually), but this particular packed project seemed to have mangled/intermixed the background jpgs of two of my animated title clips. ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone