Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 unable to remember its window size?
MikeThe10741st [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Atlanta GA USA Joined: Jul 28, 2013 23:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

I'm new to PD11, I trust I am missing something...

I don't always want PD11 to start maximized; currently I want it to start with a particular size, at a particular place on my screen. Most apps have zero problem remembering how their last size and position, but PD11 insists on being maximized when it starts, and if I de-maximize it, it has forgotten any previous resizing... it de-maximizes to a size that is so close to maximal that I have trouble grabbing the edge of it to resize it (it triggers the auto-hide on my start bar).

What am I missing here - how do I get PD11 to not start maximized, and to remember its size and position?

Thanks!

Mike,
who can't believe he just spent 30 minutes finding forum, logging on, checking settings, and making message
for such a simple thing
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I asked the same question last week. ---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
... and I absolutely agree with borgus in the other thread. PD should conform. Perhaps it's something to do with the flexible windows withing PD's GUI (unlock preview etc).

ColorDirector, AudioDirector & PhotoDirector all resume their previous window position & size upon re-opening.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MikeThe10741st [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks folks!

Yes, I submitted a complaint like Borgus suggested.

Arg... I fled Adobe Premier Elements because it was full of odd quirks and lame assumptions...

... I hope PD11 isn't the same!

Thanks again,

Mike
MikeThe10741st [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's an update...

I used the online form to write customer support to complain about PD11 not following Windows standards in this regard.

Amrita of CS replied "I understand that you want to resize your PowerDirector 11 software. In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that this the normal behavior of the software once you resize it and close it will again come to its full size."

(My concern was filed as a complaint, mind you.)

So I replied, asking to speak to a tech supervisor about my the original complaint ...

... And was advised to call their general phone number. Where I imagine I'd have to start all over.

I give up... I shouldn't have to write multiple emails for them to even acknowledge that there's a feature someone would like.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here's an update...

I used the online form to write customer support to complain about PD11 not following Windows standards in this regard.

Amrita of CS replied "I understand that you want to resize your PowerDirector 11 software. In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that this the normal behavior of the software once you resize it and close it will again come to its full size."

(My concern was filed as a complaint, mind you.)

So I replied, asking to speak to a tech supervisor about my the original complaint ...

... And was advised to call their general phone number. Where I imagine I'd have to start all over.

I give up... I shouldn't have to write multiple emails for them to even acknowledge that there's a feature someone would like.

Hi MikeThe10741st,
No you shouldn't need to be sent around in circles. I'll follow up.
Forum Moderator
MikeThe10741st [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd! Let me know if you hear anything.

I'm not expecting much - just that they see the point, and would consider it for a possible future fix. (Along with the hundreds of other requests.)

Otherwise it's a shame to think that Customer Service is actively quashing feedback.

Mike