Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: I removed/uninstalled the NewBlue Video Essentials 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 plug-ins and then re-installed them.

So far so good. PD12 works fine.

I, too, was having PD12 Ultimate crash on me when I go to the Fx room. This happened three or four times just now. So, I decided to remove/uninstall the NewBlue Essentials 1, 2, and 3.

My question now is, how do I re-install? Where are the setup programs?

Mine were in my C Drive in a folder called NewBlue and also for some reason in My Documents.

I found a bunch of newblue PNG's and XML files on my computer but I don't see an installation/setup program (.exe or .msi).
Quote:
Quote: I prefer to give the effect zoom in / out, by magic motiom or pip designer for images (photos)

Excellent!

As a n00b to PD, your suggestion was much appreciated. I like that I can fine-tune the zooming motion, such as the size of the zoom as well as the direction/path.

Thank you!
Quote: I removed/uninstalled the NewBlue Video Essentials 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 plug-ins and then re-installed them.

So far so good. PD12 works fine.

I, too, was having PD12 Ultimate crash on me when I go to the Fx room. This happened three or four times just now. So, I decided to remove/uninstall the NewBlue Essentials 1, 2, and 3.

My question now is, how do I re-install? Where are the setup programs?
I've inserted a still photograph on the video track between two video clips. For this photograph, I am adding a zoom-in effect.

Is there a difference whether I put this effect on the Effect track or whether I place it on top of the photograph on the Video track?

I've done it both ways and can't visibly see any difference.
Quote: Thanks this was really what I needed.

No problem, it was my pleasure.

Quote: At 4:58 of the posted video in the thread it's the effect I'm searching for with the arrow following the car.
The problem is my video it's much more complicated with many objects flying around, chaining also depth not only position.
I need to do some tests to understand how much time I need, otherwise I'm starting to think about some simple scrolling text on the bottom.

I, myself, am yet to do any of these moving graphics in my videos, but I predict I will one of these days. That's one of the reasons why I bookmarked that thread.
Quote: NOTE: SCD, your links are inactive(for me anyway), I was forced to highlight and seek.

Thanks, Barry, for the heads-up! I have corrected the links and they should be live now.
Quote: I have created an animated slideshow with flying picture frames that contains frames of various videos I have recorded.

Want to create titles that follow (at least for some time) the frames when they are moving, it's possible?

Maybe this thread will help you:

http://goo.gl/kO5VdP

...and possibly this tutorial:

http://youtu.be/CE_pbBhTl1I

When shooting RAW with the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (Protune), you'll first process it with the GoPro Cineform Studio software to make any adjustments and tweaks.

At this point, I personally output in AVI format, since there will be further edits using PowerDirector.

The more times you edit and output, the more the video degrades if using a lossy format (e.g. MPG). AVI is considered lossless (technically, it is just a container), so more of the details are preserved.

Now, when you are done editing in PD and are ready to output (produce) the final video, MPG-4 is a very good choice, especially for internet sites.

So, if you are not shooting Protune and are capturing in MPG4, then you can take those files straight into PowerDirector.
So, I've only been using PD for about a month now. I started with PD11 and now am on PD12.

Most of this time, I have been trimming my clips directly from the timeline by splitting and then deleting the sub-clips that I don't want.

It wasn't until last week I read about the "Content aware" editing of a clip directly from the library. This way, I could take multiple sub-clips of a media file (with precision) and have them inserted into the timeline.

Now, because of this thread, I just found out that I can use the "Multi-Trim" feature, which I'm going to start using.

My question is, where can I easily find other basic editing features? What I would love to see is an "Intro to Editing with PD". I know there are individual tutorials on these features, but unless I read about them in this forum, I may never become aware of such features.

Quote: A free/open-source screen capture software I recommend would be CamStudio for Windows.

http://camstudio.org/

I've used the free CamStudio app for years and like it very much.

CyberLink also has a product called YouCam that can record your screen activity. However, it does not contain the feature to highlight where the cursor is located like CamStudio has--at least I couldn't find out how to do this. Having a highlight/emphasis on the cursor/arrow helps the view to keep up with what's going on, especially with how-to and tutorial videos.

If YouCam does have this valuable feature, could someone please let me know how to use it?
Quote: It is said to have more speed. That was my decision to upgrade. Also it has Multi-Cam Editing which I also use.

...and how is the speed, now that you've been using v12 for a few days now? How does your speed compare to v11? Is it noticeable, or does one need specific hardware?
Quote: Update: I submitted a question to customer service yesterday. Late in the day, I received a reply with a link to a form to fill-out, sign, and fax/email/snail-mail back to them. I faxed it back right away (as well as email, just in case). Within 30 minutes I received another reply stating that the refund is underway and it should appear on my online credit card statement within "a few days".

I uninstalled PowerDirector 11 and am about to purchase/download PowerDirector 12.

Other than the initial "where do I apply for a refund", the whole process seems to be straightforward and easy.

Another update: I have found a discount code for ordering PowerDirector 12 online that worked for me a few minutes ago.

http://goo.gl/JaS6DY

p.s.There is an upgrade version of PD12 (if upgrading from PD11). It is USD$80. However, if you are like me, my 30-day money-back guarantee was on it's 28th day, so I submitted and was approved for my refund of $90.

PD12 (non-upgrade version) costs $130, so the price for me upgrading--using the refund then re-purchase--was $130-90, or $40 less the discount code which was (for me) 5% or $6.50, bringing my total "upgrade" cost to $33.50.

Had I gone past the 30-day refund period, it would have cost me $80 (minus any discount), so I'm happy!
I have found a discount code for ordering PowerDirector 12 online that worked for me a few minutes ago.

http://goo.gl/JaS6DY

p.s.There is an upgrade version of PD12 (if upgrading from PD11). It is USD$80. However, if you are like me, my 30-day money-back guarantee was on it's 28th day, so I submitted and was approved for my refund of $90.

PD12 (non-upgrade version) costs $130, so the price for me upgrading--using the refund then re-purchase--was $130-90, or $40 less the discount code which was (for me) 5% or $6.50, bringing my total "upgrade" cost to $33.50.

Had I gone past the 30-day refund period, it would have cost me $80 (minus any discount), so I'm happy!
Update: I submitted a question to customer service yesterday. Late in the day, I received a reply with a link to a form to fill-out, sign, and fax/email/snail-mail back to them. I faxed it back right away (as well as email, just in case). Within 30 minutes I received another reply stating that the refund is underway and it should appear on my online credit card statement within "a few days".

I uninstalled PowerDirector 11 and am about to purchase/download PowerDirector 12.

Other than the initial "where do I apply for a refund", the whole process seems to be straightforward and easy.
I have submitted a customer support question requesting a money-back refund for my purchase of PowerDirector 11 with about 4 days left in my one-month guarantee period. I would like to upgrade to PD 12.

My question is, has anyone done the same and if so, how long does it take to get your refund? I'm not talking about what the web site says what the refund payout timeframe is, but rather, the actual time involved in receiving recent refund requests (say, in the past week or so).
Is there any way, in YouCam 5 when doing a screen recording, to highlight/emphasize the mouse cursor/arrow/pointer? I would like my viewers to be able to see where the mouse pointer is when they are watching my "how-to" videos.

Thanks!
When I drag a 30 fps clip from the media library to the timeline in a 60 fps project, I get the message that it doesn't match and the quality may be degraded.

Assuming that the other clips on the timeline are 60fps, does this mean just that only the slower clip's section of my video may be degraded, or will the whole video be degraded?
When using PD11 to rotate an inverted/upside-down video, how much (if any) degradation in video quality results from that process?
Is there a way to change the dates that are displayed when I'm browsing/reading messages on this forum? Not just this forum, but all the CyberLink forums. I'm in the U.S. and am used to MM/dd/yyyy format, but the posts are all displayed as dd/MM/yyyy.

Many (if not most) forums online allow users to change display settings for themselves. I looked at the "My Profile" page, but there is no option for date display. According to the JForum site (the software used to power the CL forums), it should be possible.

I'm glad that PD12 can now better handle 2K and 4K video. Now I can start "experimenting" (recording) in those modes on my GoPro.
You can go into Task Manager, find the program that is running and assign it a CPU Priority (right-click on the program name and choose "Set priority").

Your choices are--in descending priority--Realtime, High, Above normal, Normal, Below normal, and Low.

BE CAREFUL: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!...If you set a process too high, it may not give up enough timeslice for you to even go in and change it back to normal!

Also, I believe this priority is only good for the current process at that particular time. In other words, once you close that program and re-launch it, the CPU priority gets reset to Normal.

If you have multiple CPUs or Cores, you can give a program affinity to any one or all of those CPU/Cores. Right-click on the program name and choose Affinity. Before doing so, check the CPU utilization to see which CPU(s)/Core(s) you want to use. Just like CPU Priority, this setting is only good while the process is running (it gets reset if you restart the program).
Go to: