Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DavidT42:

If Windows 10 was successfully activated on your computer, then you don't need to buy a copy. Microsoft will have stored your computer specs and will know that your computer is licensed for Windows 10. If you want to do a clean install, you can just download their media creation tool. See this link. With Windows 10, there are no licence keys, per se, like previous versions of Windows.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
tlvb123:
Welcome to the Cyberlink Forums. It is much faster to use an app, like Power2Go 11, to duplicate copies of an existing disk, Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Moreover, P2G11 offers the option to verify that the duplication is error-free.
Personally, I only use PD to create the original copy, and I make all of the duplicates using P2G11.
I hope this helps. Have a great day.
Regards,
-Phil
KarenKut123:
Welcome to the Cyberlink Forums. I have used many versions of PD (since Version 9) and I never found the versions capable of doing a respectable job capturing VHS video and converting it to digital, particularly when there is video noise on the source VHS tape, which PD tends to interpret as copyright protection, and then aborts the capture.
I purchased another software package, with a hardware converter, that has worked flawlessly for years on hundreds of VHS tapes. The software, and device, output the VHS tapes in .mpg2 format, which you then import directly into PD for editing.
Forum rules prohibit mentioning potentially competing products, but if you send me a Private Message, I will pass on the information about the product that I have been using.
Have a great day.
Regards,
-Phil
Jonathan C:

According to this link, Power2Go 11 is Windows 7 compatible.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil
Rod101:

Welcome to the PD16 Forum. Unlike many other trial sofware packages, you cannot "register" the trial version of PD16, or any other trial version of PowerDirector.

You must uninstall the trial version first. When you purchased PD16 Ultimate, you should have received an email with your licence key, and download links for a number of installer files to be downloaded (unless you purchased a boxed version). You must download all of those files and install them. Depending on your Internet speed, that could take some time because they are large files.

I would recommend that you save the downloaded installer files to a DVD, external hard drive, or USB drive, so that you have them, should you ever need to reinstall PD16 Ultimate again. The download links are only valid for a short period of time.

Let us know how you make out. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
dale1951:

As tomasc has stated, Cyberlink cannot knowingly circumvent copy protection. I have never had any success with various versions of PD capturing VHS or 8mm home videos. I purchased another product, with analogue converter, years ago that has captured all of the many tapes that I have done over the years for myself and for others.

It is contrary to Forum rules to advertise a competing product. The product that I use saves the tapes in .mpeg2 format, which can then be edited in PD. If you want, you can send me a Private Message and I will let you know what I have been using.

I would not be waiting for PD to fix this issue.

Regards,
-Phil
daddymadethis1977:

So far as I know, PowerDirector does yet support the addition of hyperlinks to video productions.

If I am mistaken, I trust that someone more knowledgeable will correct me.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
penqued:

Another option is to play the PowerPoint presentation on your computer and use the Screen Recorder to grab it all. You then have sound and video.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
bosone:

We are only volunteer users, like yourself, so we don't have the "inside track", but if past years are any indication, the PD16 should roll out mid to late September. You can see that they have quite the sales on now for PD15, ending September 7, which means that PD16 is coming. There is usually a new version every autumn, and most commonly in September.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Jemierry:

You will have, what is known as an OEM version. It is a "teaser" package to induce you to purchase the full product.

I doubt that there is anything wrong with your installation. The OEM versions are deliberately lacking in some important features.

Cyberlink does offer a full 30-day money back guarantee if you do go ahead and purchase the full product and then are unsatisfied for some reason.

I hope this helps. Sorry to convey disappointing news. Have a great day, and welcome to the Cyberlink PD Forums.

Regards,
-Phil
JaredW:

We are just users just like yourself. A good practice is to always back up your installer files and keys to an external backup drive or DVD immediately after purchase.

You will need to contact Cyberlink Technical Support and provide them with all of the details of your purchase. Hopefully, they will provide you with a new download link, once they are satisfied that you did purchase the software.

Unfortunately, the volunteers here cannot help you with such purchase and activation issues. That said, welcome to the Cyberlink Forum. There is lots of useful information here to assist in learning the program and troubleshooting any issues that you may encounter using the products.

Please let us know how you make out. Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
dastrdlyW:

Try turning Hardware Acceleration off and producing/burning again. Hardware acceleration has been know to cause issues with some computers.

Let us know how you make out. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Tomasc:

Thank you for your PM.

I can only relate my experience. I did it slightly differently from you: I launched Windows File Explorer, browsed to an .mpg file, right-clicked it, and selected "Open With" "Films & TV". That was when I got the notice to download the free mpeg codec.

I did not open "Films & TV" first.

This link might be helpful.

I don't think that there should be any difference between the Windows 10 Home and Pro versions with respect to this issue.

Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason (old age?), I missed your response to this thread.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Quote You are probably using windows 10 which does not have the mpeg-2 codec by default. You can purchase the win dvd player from the windows store to add that codec. You can also use the vlc player to see your produced video until you pony up the $15.

My experience with Windows 10 was different. I just launched the Windows 10 "Films and TV" app to open an .mpg file. Windows 10 promptly offered to install the required .mpg codec on my computer. I also did the same thing with my laptop. There was no charge. It was free. That was last week.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Autotraderimports:

I am guessing that you might be confusing saving project files and producing video files.

When you "Save" a file, it is saved as a .pds file. That is a text file which just contains all of the details about your project: media, media locations, edits, etc. The .pds files cannot be imported; they can only be opened.

If you want a file that you can import to the media room, then you must produce the file.

There are lots of excellent tutorials (thanks ynotfish and colleagues) on the PDToots channel.

I recommend that you start with some of the tutorials. There is a wealth of information there.

Regards,
-Phil
Rev343:

Welcome to the PD14 Forum. We are just users, like yourself. You should contact Cyberlink Sales and Support. You will have to be able to prove that you did purchase PD14. They can provide you with a download link.

In these Forums, it is strongly recommended that you save your PD installation files for possible future use. A lot of folks here burn their installation files to a DVD, but as long as the installation files are saved somewhere, along with your licence key, you will be good to go, if you need to reinstall PD14 for any reason in the future.

Regards,
-Phil
LouisV:

False positives are common. To be certain, please upload the file to VirusTotal and press the "Scan It!" button to have your version of the file analyzed, if you have not already deleted it. If it comes back clean, you should report it to your anti-virus company, along with the URL link to the VirusTotal results.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Barry:

I am meticulous in keeping my install files. I have searched my computer (I too have PD14) and I can see the Wave Editor 2 folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\WaveEditor, but there is no installer file there. It must be a part of the main PD14 installer, or in one of the content packs. There are a lot files and folders in there, so I don't think you could just copy the files. There are undoubtedly registry entries that are created during the install.

Perhaps Cyberlink Tech Support might be of assistance?

Sorry that I can't help you.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
TurboBPZ3:

Welcome to the PD14 Forum. I might be in same boat as you. I have yet to receive the Creator's Update via Windows Update (for which I am grateful).

I did update my NVidia graphics driver last week for my main tower computer (specs in signature) and noted that it made mention of being compatible with the Creator's update. If you have not already done so, I would search for an updated graphics driver for your computer, if one is available. Unfortunately, for many, (me included, with my Dell laptop no longer being supported by Dell - tower is OK), older computers may eventually be rendered obsolete by the continuing Windows 10 version updates.

I will be very interested in any possible solutions that Cyberlink may offer.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Tomcio:

I have not heard anything about PowerDirector being released for the Apple environment. Many have expressed that wish.

Personally, I would not even attempt video editing on a tablet. It would just not have the horsepower. Video editing is the most resource-intensive activity that you can do on a computer, particularly HD and 4K; hence, the custom-built computer in my signature.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
JoeC2:

I suspect that a Windows Update caused your problem. MS quickly issued another problematic (in terms of installing it) update that fixed the issues caused by the previous Windows update.

Please ensure that your computers have KB4015438 installed, and then see if the problem persists. If you "google" this update, you will see many reporting issues getting it installed. On one of my computers, it took three tries, and on the other, it took six tries before it finally installed.

Sorry, I can't help you with your .msi question.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Go to: