Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No video only audio when produced
drakeriver007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2017 20:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PowerDirector and have downloaded the trial version before I buy to make sure it fits my needs. I've created a project with lots of photos, text & audio to make a slideshow to add to my dvd. When I go to produce it to a video it only converts it to audio without a picture. This is how I've made these in other programs, such as Nero. I'm sure I'm doing lots wrong. I can't find anything online to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You are probably using windows 10 which does not have the mpeg-2 codec by default. You can purchase the win dvd player from the windows store to add that codec. You can also use the vlc player to see your produced video until you pony up the $15.
drakeriver007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2017 20:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are probably using windows 10 which does not have the mpeg-2 codec by default. You can purchase the win dvd player from the windows store to add that codec. You can also use the vlc player to see your produced video until you pony up the $15.

Thank you so much for the info!!!! I went ahead and paid for Win DVD player & it now works!! Thanks again!!!
turtle711 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2017 03:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having an issue but its with audio during a clip of sped up video. I do art videos and parts of them are sped up to 4.00. I'm using a trial of PowerDirector 15 and have done 2 videos with no issues. Now whatever audio clip I put to the part that is sped up (I've tried different speeds as well) the music, and video for that matter, is choppy. AND the program seems to like having short bursts of "program not responding". I've tried not saving the project and shutting down the program...then reopening it and starting over from scratch. I've tried saving my project and closing/reopening. No effect. What on earth is going on? Why am I suddenly having issues?? The video files are mp4, I'm using a Nikon CoolPix B500. I'm using a trial so I can get the feel for this program, so far I'm not impressed. I do have windows 10 if that means anything and I've tried rebooting my computer too. HELP!!
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are probably using windows 10 which does not have the mpeg-2 codec by default. You can purchase the win dvd player from the windows store to add that codec. You can also use the vlc player to see your produced video until you pony up the $15.

My experience with Windows 10 was different. I just launched the Windows 10 "Films and TV" app to open an .mpg file. Windows 10 promptly offered to install the required .mpg codec on my computer. I also did the same thing with my laptop. There was no charge. It was free. That was last week.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My experience with Windows 10 was different. I just launched the Windows 10 "Films and TV" app to open an .mpg file. Windows 10 promptly offered to install the required .mpg codec on my computer. I also did the same thing with my laptop. There was no charge. It was free. That was last week.

I just got access to a win 10 pc. Produced the sample file in the mpg format. Opened the win 10 Movies and TV app to play it and get information screen in the screenshot. There is no offer to add the .mpg codec at all for free or at any cost. This is the default win 10 media player in the US market.

Apparently Film and TV is installed in the Canadian market and the mpg codec is given free maybe because win 10 pro allows it.

Would like to know if the mpg codec is given away free in other countries using windows 10 home or windows 10 pro. I have not been able to obtain this information. It is up to users here in the PD forums to supply their answers and experience.
[Thumb - test.jpg]
 Filename
test.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Windows 10 - No offer at all to give free .mpg codec
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasc:

Thank you for your PM.

I can only relate my experience. I did it slightly differently from you: I launched Windows File Explorer, browsed to an .mpg file, right-clicked it, and selected "Open With" "Films & TV". That was when I got the notice to download the free mpeg codec.

I did not open "Films & TV" first.

This link might be helpful.

I don't think that there should be any difference between the Windows 10 Home and Pro versions with respect to this issue.

Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason (old age?), I missed your response to this thread.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor