Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Immediate Crash Upon Start After Windows 10 Build 1703 Update
[Post New]
Program starts, but immediately crashes within half a second of seeing the full-feature editor screen. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall, going so far as deleting all applicable file folders and cleaning the registry before reinstalling. I know I could get into the program and use it just last week, prior to the Creator's Update for Windows 10.

Anyone else having similar issues and/or know of a solution to this problem? I have started a support ticket, but I thought I'd ask here as well. I'll make sure to relay Cyberlink's solution to the issue so anyone else that needs it, has it, assuming no one else has a solution that works. AMD Ryzen 7 1700
16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 3000
ASUS Prime X370-Pro
EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 x2 in SLI
Windows 10 Build 1703
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
TurboBPZ3:

Welcome to the PD14 Forum. I might be in same boat as you. I have yet to receive the Creator's Update via Windows Update (for which I am grateful).

I did update my NVidia graphics driver last week for my main tower computer (specs in signature) and noted that it made mention of being compatible with the Creator's update. If you have not already done so, I would search for an updated graphics driver for your computer, if one is available. Unfortunately, for many, (me included, with my Dell laptop no longer being supported by Dell - tower is OK), older computers may eventually be rendered obsolete by the continuing Windows 10 version updates.

I will be very interested in any possible solutions that Cyberlink may offer.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor