Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector and iOS
Tomcio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2014 16:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone heard about PowerDirector being released on iOS? This is really something missing to have basic editing functionality on the tablet.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tomcio:

I have not heard anything about PowerDirector being released for the Apple environment. Many have expressed that wish.

Personally, I would not even attempt video editing on a tablet. It would just not have the horsepower. Video editing is the most resource-intensive activity that you can do on a computer, particularly HD and 4K; hence, the custom-built computer in my signature.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2017 06:01

Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Does anyone heard about PowerDirector being released on iOS? This is really something missing to have basic editing functionality on the tablet.
No Apple native PowerDirector, there is a Windows environment for Apple computer called Boot Camp.

There is also Powerdirector for Cell phones. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Personally, I would not even attempt video editing on a tablet. It would just not have the horsepower.
I have used the Android version of Power Director. Very limited capabilities and the files are compatible with the desktop version. It works well for the intended purpose - simple cuts/dissolves with the video taken with your tablet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2017 14:19

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
Quote I have used the Android version of Power Director. Very limited capabilities and the files are compatible with the desktop version.

Basically it depends on the Android/hardware supported media codec, you won't want to use the software codec to edit on a phone...it will be slow like hell.

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats.html ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365