Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, you are right. Have a look:

Hatti
The only way is to create a preset. That is the way, PhotoDirector works:

• PhD does not alter the original

• The PhD Project is just a database (SQLite) with information about your settings in it. It is just a kind of 'cookbook' with the recipe of the pictures alteration.

• While exporting the 'recipe' works on the exported picture.

That means:

• If you load the exported picture, for PhD it is a new picture. Knowing that and the above, you see now, why the settings are all zero.

• If you upload an exported picture to internet and reimport it to the project, the picture is also new to the project. Ergo, all settings zero again.

• PhD does not offer a way to store the settings in an external file. Other programs do that in a proprietary file format, like PSD (Photoshop), PLD (Photoline), XCF (Gimp), etc. PhD does not use such a file format.

That also means:

• if you import a picture into a PhD project and think "It's in the project, I can delete the picture from my harddisk", you will lose your picture. It is not in the project. In the project, there is only the information, where the picture is on your harddisk.

• If you lose your project file, all pictures are still there, but all the settings you did for the pictures are lost. So do backups.

Hatti
Do you still have a project? Then don't be so impatient smile
It can take a while to scan the whole project and maybe reindex the database.

Hatti
Ich fand den Renderer von PD16 nicht so den Qualitätsrenner, ich hab tatsächlich immer so ab 35000 Kbps genommen. Damit wurde die Datei zwar größer, aber die Qualität besser. Ich hab immer H.264 genommen, weil ich den Film ggf. auch mal auf einem Fernseher präsentieren wollte, der kein Youtube kann. Da war H.264 meine erste Wahl, weil die Fernseher oft noch kein H.265 darstellen können. Der H.265 ist aber bei kleinerer Bitrate qualitativ besser.
Dennoch brauchst Du dafür ein benutzderdefiniertes Profil, nimm progressive, und wähle bei Erweitert den Qualitätsmodus. Dann dauert das Rendern was länger, dafür gibt er sich mehr Mühe.
Youtube rendert den Film sowieso neu, das ist auch nicht ungewöhnlich, weil ja eh die ganzen Größen einzeln gerechnet werden, also wundere dich nicht. Aber je besser die Qualität, die Du hochlädst, desto besser die Youtube Qualität, Youtube kann ja auch nicht mehr raus holen, als drin ist.
Also nicht direkt nach dem Hochladen anschauen, das Rendern bei Youtube dauert immer etwas und solange das nicht fertig ist, bekommst du nur die Qualität angezeigt, die bereits fertig ist. Das ist oft die mieseste Qualität und gibt lange Gesichter.

Hatti
I have never seen such an error message, but have you tried to reboot your computer?

Hatti
I think, you have to reinstall.
Normally, a Windows-PC has a HDD, which has the drive letter C:
Maybe, there are more HDD's with the drive letters D:, E: and so on.
If you install a program, than it is normally installed in C:\Program Files. But there are more information written, because you installed the program and everybody, who is allowed to use the computer, can use the program. With their own settings. These settengs are stored in subdirectories to C:\Users. And more informations are written in the registry (it has more than one file), regarding install pathes, licenses, path's to tools and helper programs. In various directories on C:
So if you just copy the program from the HDD, which formerly was C: to the new HDD, which now is C:, than you do not copy the needed information in other directories on the former C: drive. And you cannot copy all information, because the registry cannot be copied. So the copied program will most likely not run. Maybe it runs, so it's worth a try. But have your installation files nearby, it is the safest method, to reinstall.

Hatti
They are stored in:

c:\Users\[YOUR USER]\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\Watermark presets\User Presets\

Hatti
no, not necessarily. Depending on the bitrate the visual quality is the same. For .mp4, the codec H.264 or H.265 is used. They are much more efficient than the (old) mpeg2 codec, which is used for DVD. 1.6GB mp4 for a 4.2GB DVD sounds nice. I would think, thats good quality.

Hatti
It does not answer your question, but for converting a DVD to an other video format, PD is, as an editor programm, the wrong tool.
Have a look at "Vidcoder". It's free and analyses the disc and can convert the main movie in e.g. a MP4 File. There are many more tools, as the always recommended "Handbrake". Unless you do not want to edit your DVD, they are all good tools for your purpose.

Hatti
.PDS is not a video file. PDS is the project file of PowerDirector. In that file, there is no video and no audio.
In the project file, there is stored, what to do with the video and audio clips. But just the 'what to do', not the video clip itself. So the project file refers to the original video clips, and the original audio clips of your project. If you saved your project file and deleted the original video and audio clips, because you thought, the .pds would be the resulting video, I must say that your video and all your work is lost. If you have a backup or a restoration of all original video and audio, copy it back to the location, where it was, while you worked on the editing and it will be back in the project.
If you want to have the resulting video, you have to produce it. There is a "Produce" in the upper area of the PowerDirector window.

Hatti
As far as I know, the Apple iPhone produces video clips with a Variable Framerate.
No video editor likes clips with variable framerate. They can never rely on the next frame. So PD16/17 also makes trouble with iPhone video clips.
The right way is to convert it to a video file with fixed frame rate, so you chose the right way.
You should not pay for a converter unless you want to. The most recommended converter here is Handbrake. It's free and it's really good. I like FFMpeg (but it's a command line utility) oder vidcoder or shana encoder, etc...

Hatti
That is the normal behaviour. Unlink the video and audio again, select the video part and you have the tools back.
If you unlink audio from video, take an other audio file and link them, the resulting clip is not treated the same as before.

Hatti
No, PowerDirector 16 cannot produce videos with transparent background.
As far as I know, PowerDirector 17 cannot produce transparency as well.
In the effects of Cyberlink, there are no videos with transparency, but PNG-picture files as sequences. PNG pictures can have transparency.

Hatti
No, the zoom effect cannot be tweaked.
But a better solution: "Zooming in" ist a very exciting expression for scaling the clip higher than 1.000.
So double click the clip, set a keyframe for "Scale", go to the timepoint of the highest zoom-factor, set a keyframe for "Scale" and scale to the desired value. Set as many keyframes as you want and scale to the value and on the end of the effect, set a keyframe for "Scale" and set the scale value to 1.000. Set "Ease in" and "Ease out" to smoothen the zooming a little.
I think, thats better than an effect and of course you can set also keyframes for "Position" and 'zoom' into the clip where you want.
Or even easier, do it with keyframes in the edit window.

Some tiome ago, I made a video. It's about "cropping and zooming", but it shows, how it can be done.

Hatti
Yes.

1. you definitly need a tool like "mediainfo". That tool tells you the relevant data of your video clip. Resolution, framerate, datarate, etc. That would be relevant to post those data here, so we can "analyse" your video clip.

2. Don't do the upload to YT throw PowerDirector. Produce the video to the local drive and upload it via the YT upload page. You can control the video stats better.

Hatti
One? At least three! And really big ones...
So do my recipe. Maybe it will work.

Hatti
One? At least three! And really big ones...
So do my recipe. Maybe it will work.

Hatti
My PD16 came with the BorisFX Effects. Have a look at your Effects Room (F4). In the section BorisFX Image Resoration, there is the effect "BCC Dust and Scratches". Maybe that does the job. There are other effects in BorisFX, maybe the "BCC Remover"-Effect. Have a try.
Now to the harder part: the masks.
I do not know, how to apply more than only one mask to one clip.

1. So put the original clip on track. (You can deactivate track1 to see the mask.
2. Put exactly the same clip on the same position on track2.
3. Select the clip on track2, and choose the mask designer.
4. Put a round mask on your dust spot, feather it out. In mask designer, only your spot is visible, the other part of the clip now becomes transparent. If you have deactivated track1, you see only the mask content, the rest of the image is black, thats transparent.
If you have not deactivated track1, you see nothing, because track1 is visible, where track2 is transparent.
5. Now apply the effect on the clip on track2. That removes the spot.

If anybody knows, how to apply a second mask on the clip on track2, then do it. If there is no way, you have to repeat the steps from step 2, but put the clip on the next higher track, in this case, track3 and set the mask to the next spot.
You can do that as many times as you want (or spots an the clip), up to 99 tracks... Because everything outside the mask is transparent, you see the clip from the lower clip on transparent parts. If they are all transparent, you will see the clip on track1, no matter, how many tracks with masks you have.

Hatti
Ja, sieht wie ein Bug aus. Das passiert, wenn man im BiB-Designer die "Play"-Taste drückt. Dann werden alle Knöpfe grau, während der Clip abgespielt wird. Hält man jetzt an (Taste "Pause"), würde ich erwarten, dass die Knöpfe wieder weiss (aktiv) werden. Tun sie aber nicht. Der BiB Designer 'merkt' nicht, dass er nicht mehr abspielt. Man muss es ihm erst 'sagen', indem man die "Stop" Taste drückt. Dummerweise springt die Abspielmarke wieder an den Anfang des Clips. Man kann sich aber bei "Pause" den Zeitcode merken und nach der "Stop" Taste den gemerkten Zeitcode manuell eingeben. Dann springt die Abspielmarke dahin.

Hatti
PowerDirector 16 crashes when loading "02_XiAn_Jiuquan high HST.avi".
There seem to be no difference, but I presume, it is the size of the video. My hair got high, when I saw the dimension: 1705x959. These are odd numbers. As far as I know a video dimension must be a multiple of 8 or 16. That can never be odd.
VLC plays it without problems.
Try to resize it and create clips, that are at least even dimensions. As I said, just a guess.

Hatti
Go to: