Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making a green screen.
[Post New]
Hi, say you just masked something using the adjustment mask and it lasts for 30 keyframes. Do you have to make the green scteen for each keyframe?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, say you just masked something using the adjustment mask and it lasts for 30 keyframes. Do you have to make the green scteen for each keyframe?

I'm not quite sure how to answer that, because it sounds like you're asking about working with a green screen kind of backwards.

What I mean is that you'd typically record a scene with the person or object in front of a green screen, which is then chroma-keyed out so a completely differernt background can be added in the finished photo or video. You normally wouldn't create a green screen by masking a timeline object.

If you've created a mask, you can already place that object directly on top of another background without doing anything else. There's no need for a green screen.

If you're asking whether the mask needs to be applied to all 30 frames, the answer is a mask will last as long as you have it applied, but if the subject is moving then you'd need to adjust the mask in each keyframe to match.

Does this explanation help?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

I'm not quite sure how to answer that, because it sounds like you're asking about working with a green screen kind of backwards.

What I mean is that you'd typically record a scene with the person or object in front of a green screen, which is then chroma-keyed out so a completely differernt background can be added in the finished photo or video. You normally wouldn't create a green screen by masking a timeline object.

If you've created a mask, you can already place that object directly on top of another background without doing anything else. There's no need for a green screen.

If you're asking whether the mask needs to be applied to all 30 frames, the answer is a mask will last as long as you have it applied, but if the subject is moving then you'd need to adjust the mask in each keyframe to match.

Does this explanation help?

I don't have an actual green screen. I want to try masking an object, removing the background and adding another background in PD. In order to do that I believe I have to make something similar to a green screen in CD.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you are right. Have a look:

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote Yes, you are right. Have a look:

Hatti

Awesome thanks
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mouhamad, that's a really great video from Hatti.
I wanted to find out if it's easy to produce a greenscreen in post a few years ago after watching Star Wars Rebellion by hitfilm. It was made with earlier version of software but the principle is the same. Where as Hatti skillfully uses the tracking function, mine is static. It's just a variation on the same theme. Here is my video which may be of some use to you.

Kind Regards I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.