Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15. I cannot save video in .pds format in Windows 10
heart1of3the5forest* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2017 16:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I try to sve my video clips (with audio) by clicking "File", "Save" and "Save as " but no .pds format accompanies the Power Director destination. All my clips are now blacked out. What is going wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2019 04:47

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
.PDS is not a video file. PDS is the project file of PowerDirector. In that file, there is no video and no audio.
In the project file, there is stored, what to do with the video and audio clips. But just the 'what to do', not the video clip itself. So the project file refers to the original video clips, and the original audio clips of your project. If you saved your project file and deleted the original video and audio clips, because you thought, the .pds would be the resulting video, I must say that your video and all your work is lost. If you have a backup or a restoration of all original video and audio, copy it back to the location, where it was, while you worked on the editing and it will be back in the project.
If you want to have the resulting video, you have to produce it. There is a "Produce" in the upper area of the PowerDirector window.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080