Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can the Zoom In FX effect be edited
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Recording musicians a lot I use the Zoom In effect in my videos

My only criticism of it, is whilst it zooms in lovely on the video track, when the effect ends it instantly goes back to the full frame not always giving an acceptable result in my eyes.

Is there any way of tweaking this effect so that you have it running as zoom in ....pause.... zoom out back to the original full frame at the same sort of speed it zoomed in originally

There is a Zoom Out effect but that is not what I am looking for as it has borders and so on, and doesnt do the above.

I just would like a gradual zoom in then gradual zoom back out

Thanks in hope
Andrew
hassanraza786 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2019 08:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also Need For this=))
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
No, the zoom effect cannot be tweaked.
But a better solution: "Zooming in" ist a very exciting expression for scaling the clip higher than 1.000.
So double click the clip, set a keyframe for "Scale", go to the timepoint of the highest zoom-factor, set a keyframe for "Scale" and scale to the desired value. Set as many keyframes as you want and scale to the value and on the end of the effect, set a keyframe for "Scale" and set the scale value to 1.000. Set "Ease in" and "Ease out" to smoothen the zooming a little.
I think, thats better than an effect and of course you can set also keyframes for "Position" and 'zoom' into the clip where you want.
Or even easier, do it with keyframes in the edit window.

Some tiome ago, I made a video. It's about "cropping and zooming", but it shows, how it can be done.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, the zoom effect cannot be tweaked.
But a better solution: "Zooming in" ist a very exciting expression for scaling the clip higher than 1.000.
So double click the clip, set a keyframe for "Scale", go to the timepoint of the highest zoom-factor, set a keyframe for "Scale" and scale to the desired value. Set as many keyframes as you want and scale to the value and on the end of the effect, set a keyframe for "Scale" and set the scale value to 1.000. Set "Ease in" and "Ease out" to smoothen the zooming a little.
I think, thats better than an effect and of course you can set also keyframes for "Position" and 'zoom' into the clip where you want.
Or even easier, do it with keyframes in the edit window.

Some tiome ago, I made a video. It's about "cropping and zooming", but it shows, how it can be done.

Hatti

Thank you for this Hatti. I will give this a try and see how I get on with it

regards
Andrew
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The FX room has Zoom in and Zoom out, both can be keyframed to alter the movement. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The FX room has Zoom in and Zoom out, both can be keyframed to alter the movement.

As I mentioned in my initial post I looked at the zoom out FX but I cannot see how it can be edited Keyframe or otherwise to achieve what I wanted

The issues as I found when experimenting were

• zoom out results in a black border at some point in the action - I just wanted the original zoom in to revert back to the original size frame smoothly by zooming back

If I could lose the bordering it would have been ideal - unless I am missing something on the editing here

Visualise the scenario

Initial frame is Full body
Zoom in Gradually moves in until just the upper half is visible

Zoom out is then required to move back from the upper half to full body frame

thanks anyway
-
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]

-

SUCCESS - I think

I edited the zoom in FX, by adding further timeline keyframe markers, and reducing the H & W ratios back to ZERO

Just going to recheck this in a full video and see if it works
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes it is working

Workflow was

Add the Zoom In FX

Select the FX on the timeline

Select Keyframe

Increase the duration to 20 seconds from 10

Added Width and Height keyframe markers at the 20 second point

Reduced these markers to Zero

Running the FX, the image zooms in for the first 10 seconds, then zooms back out again over the next 10

Now all I want to find out if there is anyway of saving this effect without having to do the above each time