Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
G'day Phil -

I haven't checked out the suggestions Barry made about NBFX, but I do have a couple of thoughts...

The simplest thing would be to use a 3D-Like title template, where you just type one character to make a letter, then use an image as the texture. That's the drawback - it only works for image - not video.

For the attached packed project example, I typed Alt+220 (with Num Lock on) to make the rectangle. In each case I set the extrusion value to 1, so it's not chunky like the FlipII transition.

If it had to be a video, rather than an image, it could be keyframed using free-form to get that spinning-off-into-the-distance effect... but it'd take a bit of work!

Cheers - Tony
Hi JOF -

Apples & oranges... illustrated by the comparative $$$.

PDR doesn't have adjustment layers like Pr, so you certainly couldn't replicate that sort of workflow.

Given that the footage is shot well, & with the right adjustments, and perhaps LUTs, there is a lot you can do in PDR to get "the look" you want.

Aside from the obvious differences in the software, PDR facilitates using blending (shown in the Pr tutorial) which can also be used to enhance video.

Cheers - Tony
Hi bjtap111 -

All you need to do is select the video and go to Mask Designer. There, you can create a word mask.

Here's a little packed project you can use to see how it works.

You can also make the word mask in graphics software (with the letters transparent) and import it as an image into Mask Designer.

Here are some examples, made with an earlier version of PDR that didn't have the word mask feature built in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCN3wBtz7Q and here's a tutorial showing how it was done back then - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PecNxI57XRM. A bit dated but it might give you some ideas.

Cheers - Tony
Hi tomasc & optodata -

There's definitely an issue here!

From my observation, there's no difference between PDR17 365/subscription & PDR17 perpetual.

If photos are selected from the timeline, then Slideshow... choosing any of the Theme Designer templates will replace ALL content in the timeline.

[BTW - a couple of times during my testing, if I immediately followed that with Ctrl+Z (undo), the TD sequence was left in place and the other timeline content was returned. surprised Totally whacko, because I can't replicate that at will.]

When accessing SlideShow creator via Plugins, then choosing a Theme Designer template, it replaces all timeline content too...

The rotten thing is so unpredictable, I don't know if any of it is still going to be true after I hit Submit!

I can see how having the Slideshow & TD templates available together may be useful, but it's messed up the works.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I can replicate optodata's screen capture exactly if I select a slideshow template (like Camera). Once a TD template is selected (e.g. Notepad), the issue occurs.
It's now been 30 days since the videos containing music from Children's Party & Oriental Sounds - were flagged on YouTube.

All copyright claims have lapsed. The claimant has 20 days to respond to a dispute. If they fail to do that, they lose their claim.

Cheers - Tony
Hi -

1. You can set your default image duration in Preferences.

2. You can select individual or multiple images in the timeline and change the duration (Ctrl+click or Shift+click) - then reset the durations

Cheers - Tony
I don't disagree with your thinking at all. Pan & Zoom & the Motion slideshow template fill the same essential purpose.

Effectively, using Pan & Zoom > Random you get a Motion slideshow. With Pan & Zoom you can customise image & transition durations, but Motion slideshow only allows image duration to be modified (not transitions). You're right - one has face detection & the other doesn't.

Cheers - Tony
Yes, that's right. "Bewegung" = Motion "laughing"

Here's a little screen capture showing how you can change image durations in Customise...

No - you cannot change them all at once, or even multiple images. If you'd like to do that you'd be better off working in the timeline, or using Tools > Pan & Zoom.

Cheers - Tony
Hi pospiech02 -

When you're using the slideshow [diaporama] templates, you have less control over timings etc.

The best way to do what you're asking is to manually build the slideshow in the timeline.

If you use the Motion slideshow template, you can customise the duration of each photo - that might suit your purposes.

Cheers - Tony
Similar experience with the 2 clips here...

"2019-05-10_17-51-27.mp4" (10.1GB) wouldn't import into either PDR17 subscription or perpetual versions. As src & optodata observed, PDR17 closes without warning or explanation. The clip opens & plays back fine in AfterEffects.

The shorter "2019-05-11 raw.mp4" clip imports as audio only in the perpetual version, but correctly in PDR17 365/subscription.

Cheers - Tony
Just chiming in with a little note about the "varying levels of incompatibility" referred to earlier.

Just checked src's videos in PDR17 (365 subscription version) & it imports both files correctly (not as audio only). My previous observation was about PDR17 (2727 perpetual version). So - there are "varying levels of incompatibility" with PDR17 laughing

src - that really has not much to do with your issue. Just mentioned it for other participants.

Cheers - Tony
Hi src -

One of your files ("from logitech webcam") shows up in PDR17 as an audio only file. The other (from ACDSee) imports & plays back fine.

I just recorded a video on my Logtech C920 using the Logitech Capture app, imported into PDR and all was well. MediaInfo attached.

Hard to say what's happening with your PDR/PC for it to be closing down like that...

Cheers - Tony
I think there's a bit of a mismatch between the IG FAQs and various changes they've made. i.e. the FAQs were probably written before some "improvements" were implemented.

Like I said, I'm not speaking from vast experience (or much at all) embarassed

BUT, with not much effort (two clicks) I can convince Instagram that I'm on a phone/tablet when sitting at the PC. That's not how I uploaded the video, but I tried that first.

You're right though, optodata, & it doesn't take long when you start scratching round to find quite a bit of conflicting information. Understandable that folks get confuddled.

Cheers - Tony
G'day LEO STARRY SKY -

First up, I don't use Instagram except to help answer questions like yours so my experience is limited.

I've just uploaded a couple of UHD (3840x2160) videos to my Instagram account - directly from the PC, via a free app called Gramblr. The videos were produced in PDR17 using basic AVC H.264 MP4 profiles. There were no issues & it was a painless process.

I haven't tried transferring a video to my phone to upload that way, but I'd consider that to be an unnecessary step... unless I'd shot the video on the phone. Is there a reason you're doing that?

I also haven't tried linking from YouTube or Vimeo as optodata suggested, but I've read you can do that via DropBox - so it should work.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dr Bobeque -

Once you've sorted out your zip files, it's important to understand that those animated overlays and "shoulder sets" on Digital Juice are typically made for other software. e.g. many of the animated overlays are After Effects projects.

BUT

... even though they may be Ae, Apple Motion, or some other project, you'll find that many of the included media assets will be useable in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
You're right - it only remains hidden until the project is closed.

The same thing happens with Jeff's suggestion of sorting by "Used" in the Details view of Media Library, of which I was also unaware. It is set only for the current session.

If you want a more permanent way of hiding/separating used clips, just open explorer view - add a new "Unused" tag and drop your unused media in there...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Sheppie01760 -

Until about a minutre ago, I would have posted exactly what Jeff did... in fact I was going to suggest adding a tag/folder for the unused clips (to separate them)...

but then I had a look surprised

Select your used clips (green ticked), right click & select Hide in Library. They can be unhidden at will.

Never noticed it before.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Leo -

Templates downloaded from DirectorZone will not appear in your Media Library. You'll find them in the appropriate module of PDR.

If they're Title templates, they'll appear in the Titles library. PiP Objects/Video Overlay templates are found in the PiP/Overlay library. Style templates will be available when you open Theme Designer or Magic Movie Wizard.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Mike & optodata -

I'm pretty sure that annoyance #1 is shared by anyone using the Crop/Zoom/Pan tool... especially when that unwanted curved path is generated.

This is a bit speculative, because it doesn't always work predictably, but I've found you can often eliminate the curve (& hence the crop box drifting beyond the video edge) by either clicking on the selected keyframe to "snap it straight" or playing with duplicate next/previous keyframe.

As I said, it doesn't always do what you think it should.

Cheers - Tony
Hi mjablow -

Do you not have the BorisFX in your effects library?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bunraku70 -

It's hard to work out what's happening there, as you haven't provided much detail.

I do recall a similar thing happening (a long while back) when uploading WMV files from PDR. At that time, it was necessary to add a tag to the affected video... yt:crop=16:9

It's referenced here.

If that doesn't help, please post some more detail here... like the production format & profile that was used. Screenshots & links would help too.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: