Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upliaded videos to Youtube extremely Squashed.
Bunraku70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2017 18:44 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

When i am uploading edited videos to Youtube the original file looks fine, but the end result is Top and bottom 4/10's are black bars and only the middle 5th and 6th 10th have video. It's like it's been flattened by Youtube. Even the thumbnails are flattened.
I've never had this problem before, and as i said the original file looks fine.

Any ideas to the issue?

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bunraku70 -

It's hard to work out what's happening there, as you haven't provided much detail.

I do recall a similar thing happening (a long while back) when uploading WMV files from PDR. At that time, it was necessary to add a tag to the affected video... yt:crop=16:9

It's referenced here.

If that doesn't help, please post some more detail here... like the production format & profile that was used. Screenshots & links would help too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!