Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modify dia show properties (fading)
pospiech02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 17:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I have Director 17 Ultra (17.0.2727.0 / VD190329-02) and want to create a film from photos.

The software has the function dia show. I can select photos and let the software create a film out of it.
This is very useful, for example currently I have a set of 150 photos from a birthday party and want to create a film.

However I miss basic functionallity. I would like to

• determinde and change the fading time and the effects

• change the time for showing the picture for all pictures at once.

I could however not find any of these. Typically I want to have a simple fade out/in with length 1 s

If this is not possible within the diashow. How can I add a single fade effect for 150 pictures at once?

If I should have missed a documentation that guides me to all these problems please tell me where I can find it.

Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pospiech02 -

When you're using the slideshow [diaporama] templates, you have less control over timings etc.

The best way to do what you're asking is to manually build the slideshow in the timeline.

If you use the Motion slideshow template, you can customise the duration of each photo - that might suit your purposes.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
pospiech02 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi pospiech02 -

The best way to do what you're asking is to manually build the slideshow in the timeline.

I did this, but since it is unusable to change the duration for each picture (out of 150) I changed it for the programm completely
using this guidline
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29418.page

If you use the Motion slideshow template, you can customise the duration of each photo - that might suit your purposes.

Which one do you mean? I have only the german translation. I added a screenshot.
The one titled "Bewegung" (means motion) does not allow to set a duration
[Thumb - 2019-05-13 20_02_32-Diashow-Gestalter _ Stil und Hintergrundmusik auswählen.png]
 Filename
2019-05-13 20_02_32-Diashow-Gestalter _ Stil und Hintergrundmusik auswählen.png
[Disk]
 Description
Diashow
 Filesize
268 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2019 14:06

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that's right. "Bewegung" = Motion "laughing"

Here's a little screen capture showing how you can change image durations in Customise...

No - you cannot change them all at once, or even multiple images. If you'd like to do that you'd be better off working in the timeline, or using Tools > Pan & Zoom.

Cheers - Tony
pospiech02 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that's right. "Bewegung" = Motion ""laughing""

Here's a little screen capture showing how you can change image durations in Customise...

Correct, but I can not change the fade effect length. This is by default 2 seconds, which is much too long.

No - you cannot change them all at once, or even multiple images. If you'd like to do that you'd be better off working in the timeline, or using Tools > Pan & Zoom.

Pan & Zoom is great, but the Dia Show applies this automatically and uses an AI to detect heads and interesting parts and zoom to them. For me this means the software has a great auto feature that is not modifiable and a fine grade adjustment feature that has no auto features. Its not a bug, but looks like two product managers designed two different parts and never talked which each other.
ynotfish
[Post New]
I don't disagree with your thinking at all. Pan & Zoom & the Motion slideshow template fill the same essential purpose.

Effectively, using Pan & Zoom > Random you get a Motion slideshow. With Pan & Zoom you can customise image & transition durations, but Motion slideshow only allows image duration to be modified (not transitions). You're right - one has face detection & the other doesn't.

Cheers - Tony