CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hiding used clips?
Reply to this topic
Sheppie01760 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 19, 2019 20:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello... Just upgraded from PD16 to PD17 and still don't seem to be able to have the Media Room hide media that I've used (with the green check mark). Am I missing something or is this still not an available feature?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 5415 Offline
[Post New]
Not a feature that I know of, if you don't want to see them anymore, just right click and remove from library.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9883 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sheppie01760 -

Until about a minutre ago, I would have posted exactly what Jeff did... in fact I was going to suggest adding a tag/folder for the unused clips (to separate them)...

but then I had a look surprised

Select your used clips (green ticked), right click & select Hide in Library. They can be unhidden at will.

Never noticed it before.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 5415 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not a feature that I know of, if you don't want to see them anymore, just right click and remove from library.

Jeff

My error for posting the wrong information, at least I own up to it!

Tony showed a new menu added in PD16,17 that provides a hide feature.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2019 16:01

Sheppie01760 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Sheppie01760 -

Until about a minutre ago, I would have posted exactly what Jeff did... in fact I was going to suggest adding a tag/folder for the unused clips (to separate them)...

but then I had a look surprised

Select your used clips (green ticked), right click & select Hide in Library. They can be unhidden at will.

Never noticed it before.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks. Just noticed that myself in the upgrade. Not as automatic as I had hoped but it'll do. -Steve
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
To make it more useful, what they did add in PD17 was a "Used" flag in the media library detailed view. So, one can easily sort media library by "Used" and then shift click to select all, and then "Hide in Library".

Jeff
Sheppie01760 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks. Just noticed that myself in the upgrade. Not as automatic as I had hoped but it'll do. -Steve

Well, unfortunately, the hiding feature does not save. So when you close and re-open the project everything is unhidden. What's the point of that?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9883 Offline
[Post New]
You're right - it only remains hidden until the project is closed.

The same thing happens with Jeff's suggestion of sorting by "Used" in the Details view of Media Library, of which I was also unaware. It is set only for the current session.

If you want a more permanent way of hiding/separating used clips, just open explorer view - add a new "Unused" tag and drop your unused media in there...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Reply to this topic